Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The lull before the storm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It almost feels cruel to have this enforced break just when we were flying, and sitting pretty in an automatic promotion spot once again (games in hand, schmames in hand).

But I think it is the lull before the storm of what could be the most important, and most exciting month in the life of this lovely old football club.

Between April 2nd and May 2nd we have 7 games which could change the fortunes of the Albion more than almost anything that has gone before it. Depending on what happens in those 7 games, we will then head for the North-East for what could be a "winner takes all" game of epic proportions.

I can't bloody wait. You?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It almost feels cruel to have this enforced break just when we were flying, and sitting pretty in an automatic promotion spot once again (games in hand, schmames in hand).

But I think it is the lull before the storm of what could be the most important, and most exciting month in the life of this lovely old football club.

Between April 2nd and May 2nd we have 7 games which could change the fortunes of the Albion more than almost anything that has gone before it. Depending on what happens in those 7 games, we will then head for the North-East for what could be a "winner takes all" game of epic proportions.

Agreed. It is probably odds on for either the Boro game to be crucial OR we end up playing in the biggest money football match of all time.

Before we get there we have 7 massive matches. Just bought ticket for Birmingham which is my most unlikely away trip (distance on a Tuesday night) for about 25 years...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I have been looking at Brighton 2nd for a while, knowing it wont change for another week or so.

Shall we make it the final table? I'm sure the rest of the country will agree:rave:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm praying we've STREAKED ahead by then when Andre Sodding Gray pulls his groin or whatever and Hull, Boro et al a all suffer hideous drops in form.

Anyway. We're nailed on for promotion as this year was the first in 20 where I didn't have a score on us going automatically up on day one of the season

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hoping the boro game is a dead game having secured promotion in the Derby game but whatever happens exciting times

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I bloody hate it! Cannot afford every match home and away so will never get a Boro ticket, although I am not averse to just plotting up in one of their boozers come kick off time. Am nervous, always expect to have my dreams shattered, and in the full knowledge that I will never get to see that moment when we RETURN to the promised land except from afar if we blow it this time. Roll on late August when we beat Premier League Champions Leicester 3-0 at home!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd rather be on an enforced break after 7k fans sung 'we are going up' at me.

As opposed to thinking:-

'Was that our last bit of luck'.
'Who'll be our manager next week'.
'Why can't we win anymore'.
'WTF Redknapp - do I :laugh: or :cry:'
'We slip up and Cardiff are sixth'.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hate this break, people say a nice rest for the run in, time for injuries to heal etc, but it seems to me that players like to play once or twice a week it gives them momentum.
I have no stats but it seems we don't do well after a break or its a very turgid affair at best, when everyone seems to think the players should be raring to go.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One way or the other it's going to be great and I'll be at every single match from now until the end of the season come what may.

I just looked at the fixture list and thought the same. About me that is, not you. I'm not planning your life for you (but could for a fee).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like to take solice in the knowledge that the two teams below us are having some internal strife (even if half of it is made by Collymore to appear in the know). the pause will give time for their wounds to fester and and go a little gangrenous while away from their clubs, only to come back and spill their bile over the training grounds.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Albion Burnley
Burnley Albion
either will do
I feel it in my water
and does not happen often
keep the faith

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good post fella. The two week break will only serve to raise excitement levels to 'pant wetting' if they're not already. A few weeks ago I wouldn't have realistically considered going to Boro, but booked a hotel yesterday.......still think it will all be down to that game for a top 2 spot. I can see any 2 from 4 still being possible going into the last day.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I hope we have an opportunity to wrap it up at home against Derby. If there is one thing the Amex has lacked since we moved in, it is a good old fashioned pitch invasion.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I hope we have an opportunity to wrap it up at home against Derby. If there is one thing the Amex has lacked since we moved in, it is a good old fashioned pitch invasion.

We'll be told to stay in our seats and play with our clackers. I'll take that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here