Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A chance encounter.....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
....right. So I'm in a new job as a clinical advisor training nurses at a big hospital in east London and one of my colleagues is an engineer who sorts out issues. Sooo today he tells me his "big boss" is paying a visit so I thought I'd leave him to it.

Then it turns out my colleagues' phone was on the blink so I HAD to go to see him to alert him.

His big boss turned out to be a very nice chap happy to have a natter. As I was leaving I asked him where he lived he said in London not far from the hospital, "oh, I live out in Leigh" and this guy says "I'm originally from Brighton" an eerie silence and me stopped in my tracks. "I bleed blue and white" says me and this guy rolls his sleeve up to reveal the club crest.

Turns out we know loads of people in common we've been at the same games, we were both at the battle of Canvey island, the Goldstone Villas running battle with Arsenal after the FA cup in 87 we have pretty much been living parallel lives for three decades or more. Have probably stood next to each other, sung together got drenched at withdean together been at the same pubs in tranmere, leyton, Brentford and all points between.

He posts on NSC, but lost interest when all the JCLs arrived and started pouring their dross all over this board.

All this doesn't really matter I guess. But. By Christ I feel like I've met a brother. At least a kindred spirit in dreary old London Town.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A chance encounter?

Training nurses?

This post could have been epic, but just got worse and worse.

It did. He knows you too darling. What I do with the Italian nurses I "train" is not for the no marks on here!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A chance encounter?

Training nurses?

This post could have been epic, but just got worse and worse.

Oooh Matron!

attachment.php

Attachments

• tumblr_n1sihpQC3F1qz5q5oo1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1sihpQC3F1qz5q5oo1_r1_500.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,296

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Met a fellow Brighton fan who posts on here in the showers onboard HMS Invincible when I noticed his Albion crest tat', (on his arm!) in 93.
Been best mates since. (Yes I know this will leave me open for some piss taking).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Met a fellow Brighton fan who posts on here in the showers onboard HMS Invincible when I noticed his Albion crest tat', (on his arm!) in 93.
Been best mates since. (Yes I know this will leave me open for some piss taking).

Your turn in the barrel or soggy biscuit :eek::)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
....right. So I'm in a new job as a clinical advisor training nurses at a big hospital in east London and one of my colleagues is an engineer who sorts out issues. Sooo today he tells me his "big boss" is paying a visit so I thought I'd leave him to it.

Then it turns out my colleagues' phone was on the blink so I HAD to go to see him to alert him.

His big boss turned out to be a very nice chap happy to have a natter. As I was leaving I asked him where he lived he said in London not far from the hospital, "oh, I live out in Leigh" and this guy says "I'm originally from Brighton" an eerie silence and me stopped in my tracks. "I bleed blue and white" says me and this guy rolls his sleeve up to reveal the club crest.

Turns out we know loads of people in common we've been at the same games, we were both at the battle of Canvey island, the Goldstone Villas running battle with Arsenal after the FA cup in 87 we have pretty much been living parallel lives for three decades or more. Have probably stood next to each other, sung together got drenched at withdean together been at the same pubs in tranmere, leyton, Brentford and all points between.

He posts on NSC, but lost interest when all the JCLs arrived and started pouring their dross all over this board.

All this doesn't really matter I guess. But. By Christ I feel like I've met a brother. At least a kindred spirit in dreary old London Town.

Paul.....??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here