Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday Night Boxing - Eubank Jr Vs Blackwell

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Looking forward to this one, on CH5 (from 9:40pm).

I think the Eubank's have well and truly shot themselves in the foot here though, moving to Hennessy.
Rumours are that Adam Booth has left the Eubank camp.
Frank Warren won't take Eubank back to Sky unless it's for a Saunders rematch.
Saunders won't offer Jr a rematch.

A bit stuck in the mud is Eubank Jr.

Nick Blackweel seems as nervous as you like.

Jr wins within 8 rounds, easy.
But what next for him?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If he wins on Saturday you still kinda suspect he will get outdone tactically when he steps up. He essentially doesn't have a trainer. Ronnie Davies's advice to him before round 11 of the BJS fight was "you gotta win it".

I don't think not having Booth around for this fight will make much difference.
Blackwell's already shitting himself.

Jr will go in with the same mind-set and strategy that he had for O'Sullivan.

Really can't see it going past 8 rounds. I just can't see where he'll go after this fight.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I don't think not having Booth around for this fight will make much difference.
Blackwell's already shitting himself.

Jr will go in with the same mind-set and strategy that he had for O'Sullivan.

Really can't see it going past 8 rounds. I just can't see where he'll go after this fight.

Jacobs?
BJS - would probably get out-foxed again.
Andy Lee - you'd think Booth's inside knowledge would give Lee the edge.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Jacobs?
BJS - would probably get out-foxed again.
Andy Lee - you'd think Booth's inside knowledge would give Lee the edge.

Jacobs (or Alfonso Blanco for Interim) - Possibly, as Jr might want the Interim belt back. However, that path leads to GGG. Jr won't want to risk another loss until a Saunders rematch.

Saunders - I doubt Billy will give Jr the opportunity to ruin that '0' OR the chance to get back in with Sky. Maybe at the end of this year, if not next.

Andy Lee - I don't think Frank Warren will put up with anymore Eubank nonsense unless there's big money involved (Saunders rematch).

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Jacobs (or Alfonso Blanco for Interim) - Possibly, as Jr might want the Interim belt back. However, that path leads to GGG. Jr won't want to risk another loss until a Saunders rematch.

Saunders - I doubt Billy will give Jr the opportunity to ruin that '0' OR the chance to get back in with Sky. Maybe at the end of this year, if not next.

Andy Lee - I don't think Frank Warren will put up with anymore Eubank nonsense unless there's big money involved (Saunders rematch).

Frank Warren has nothing to do with Sky. Chris Eubank Jr will be back with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing later this year, on Sky.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Looking forward to this one, on CH5 (from 9:40pm).

I think the Eubank's have well and truly shot themselves in the foot here though, moving to Hennessy.
Rumours are that Adam Booth has left the Eubank camp.
Frank Warren won't take Eubank back to Sky unless it's for a Saunders rematch.
Saunders won't offer Jr a rematch.

A bit stuck in the mud is Eubank Jr.

Nick Blackweel seems as nervous as you like.

Jr wins within 8 rounds, easy.
But what next for him?

You may well be surprised. Nick Blackwell is a machine and for someone who has no experience in the amateurs he may well surprise a few. Open to an uppercut but has power in both hands. Nick Blackwell may well be nervous in the press conference but he is well up for this moment. His only losses were against World class opponents.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You may well be surprised. Nick Blackwell is a machine and for someone who has no experience in the amateurs he may well surprise a few. Open to an uppercut but has power in both hands. Nick Blackwell may well be nervous in the press conference but he is well up for this moment. His only losses were against World class opponents.

Maybe, and I look forward to it either way.

But I think Blackwell's already s**t himself and lost the mental battle.
You could almost hear his knees clacking together under the table.

I'd obviously love to be proven wrong as I'd prefer a 12 round slug-fest over a one-sided beatdown (Chudinov).

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Maybe, and I look forward to it either way.

But I think Blackwell's already s**t himself and lost the mental battle.
You could almost hear his knees clacking together under the table.

I'd obviously love to be proven wrong as I'd prefer a 12 round slug-fest over a one-sided beatdown (Chudinov).

That is his personality, in the ring he is a different beast. Many a sportsperson have suffered from nerves in the build up don't read too much into it, Blackwell destroyed Eubank sparring fact I hope the pundits are proved wrong.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That is his personality, in the ring he is a different beast. Many a sportsperson have suffered from nerves in the build up don't read too much into it, Blackwell destroyed Eubank sparring fact I hope the pundits are proved wrong.

Well I hope you're right, and if so, we should have a great fight.

Are you putting any £££ on? (Blackwell just over 7's on Odds Checker).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here