RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
33jk5r5.png

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Our attendance on Saturday appears to be the largest single away following of a team at any of this year's fixtures

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Thats a table that you can stare at all day.
What stands out to me is that no team has brought 2000 fans to the Amex and so far boro have brought the most
1800 for a 12.30 kick off in December.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Our attendance on Saturday appears to be the largest single away following of a team at any of this year's fixtures

Let's not get carried away with it. £12 adults £1 kids my train tkt bought in advance was £17 so my match & train tkt cost £29.

Hopefully we have 8 games remaining this season.of those 8 games only 1 is a 3pm Saturday game (charlton a)
The remaining games are either midweek or early kick offs except the Derby game that is 2.30 on bank holiday Monday.
Let's see how well these games are supported.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Will we be restricted for tickets at Charlton?
I'm guessing they won't need the capacity for the home fans due to performances so potential for a similar turn out for a more local game if tickets available.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Interesting that Portman Road is the least popular away ground to visit. It is relatively remote, but also ITFC charge a lot for away tickets. More evidence of price sensitivity of away fans becoming a more important factor?

Leeds, Wednesday, 'Boro, Derby, Birmingham and Burnley all have bigger away followings than us, in that order. All have less far to travel. The other interesting stat is the proportion of away fans taken by each club relative to their average home gate. This is high for Burnley and 'Boro which suggests a relatively high number of exiles from these most deprived areas, where generations of fans have had to move south to find work.

PG

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Thats a table that you can stare at all day.
What stands out to me is that no team has brought 2000 fans to the Amex and so far boro have brought the most
1800 for a 12.30 kick off in December.
Which was also on Sky

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lots on other threads how Burnley wont bring many next week. I think they might, because it's such an important game; there's been a break and Burnley have a strong exile support.

PG

el punal

Let's not get carried away with it. £12 adults £1 kids my train tkt bought in advance was £17 so my match & train tkt cost £29.

Hopefully we have 8 games remaining this season.of those 8 games only 1 is a 3pm Saturday game (charlton a)
The remaining games are either midweek or early kick offs except the Derby game that is 2.30 on bank holiday Monday.
Let's see how well these games are supported.

Do fans choose to go to away games purely on the cost of the tickets? I'm sure it's an advantage but I select my away fixtures well in advance irrespective of cost. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Taking absolutely loads to MK isn't actually all that remarkable. In recent seasons, ALbion, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Bristol City and Wolves have all taken over 6,000 there.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Taking absolutely loads to MK isn't actually all that remarkable. In recent seasons, ALbion, Leeds, Sheff Utd, Bristol City and Wolves have all taken over 6,000 there.

I still think it's an outlier looking at our away attendances.
If you remove it from the data then our average is 1250, if you remove the all the "day tripper" games it's 787.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I still think it's an outlier looking at our away attendances.
If you remove it from the data then our average is 1250, if you remove the all the "day tripper" games it's 787.

Well, yes it is clearly a massive outlier. Personally, I do one (maybe 2) long-haul away trip per season, and try and get to the local away games. I'm a father of three and work an hour's commute away, I can't justify spending an entire day getting pissed on a train to Rotherham or wherever. I suspect that goes for quite a large number of our support.

Our average away support number has always been dependent on the number of local(ish) games. We just don't travel well over 100 miles away. Lots of reasons for that - notably that Brighton's geography means that getting anywhere the other side of London is a ball ache. Also, because of our proximity to London, our away numbers aren't swelled by large numbers of economic migrants that you see from clubs up north or the south west. That's why Middlesbrough bring bigger numbers to the Amex than the other way round, and always will.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Do fans choose to go to away games purely on the cost of the tickets? I'm sure it's an advantage but I select my away fixtures well in advance irrespective of cost. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

I think cost is a big factor.
I'm sure there were many other reasons why we took so many to MK dons.

Here are a few

A new ground
Team doing well
Relatively local
Non threatening atmosphere (for kids )
Forest game moved to Monday night (normally a big following)
Penultimate 3pm Saturday game

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Some people simply cant afford to pick and choose , i bumped into people i had not seen for years and years and the one overiding reason was thecost , i hope clubs do this sort of thing more often as it really was a fantastic success both for MK and Brighton .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here