Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Always a joyous time of year for me as the days here in England get lighter and warmer, the Albion close in on the end of the football season and we start looking forward to the baseball season again, researching our fantasy league teams and checking the mlb.tv subscription is up to date.

We know this is not everyone's cup of tea, but there are a fair few baseball fans on here now so I thought a poll to find out who we have, and who the board's best and worst supported MLB teams might be.

So vote for your team, and give us your 2016 season predictions.

Play Ball

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Got a trip to the eastern seaboard this summer, including 2 games for the Rangers in Baltimore.

PG

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Mets - supporting the Yankees is just wrong on so many levels

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cubbies for me, destined for never ending failure.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Very excited about the Phillies this spring! Watched nearly all of the Phillies Spring games on mlb and at last we are showing signs we are on the rebuild and on our way back, the youngster and prospects are looking great! We'l be no where near playoffs but I'd hope to be ahead of Marlins and braves,Franco could have a huge year!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
No way Jose, 2016 is the year of the Diamondback.

They follow up their spring form it could all look promising!

Btw am going to Phoenix to watch the Phillies v Diamondbacks series at end of June, if your around fancy going to one of the games in the series?!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Minnesota Twins, all the way :clap2:

I'll be seeing them play in New York vs the Mets in September, followed by a couple of games at Target Field Minneapolis, vs the Detroit Tigers.

Then I'm going to try to take in a Cubs game in Chicago (vs the Cardinals), but might have to see how fed up with baseball the missus is before I know for sure if that'll happen. The Twins games are the main attraction though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Go where the wind takes me, was the Yankees, then the A's, then the RedSox, right now am enjoying the Royals.

Will finally get to a game this summer, it'll either be WhiteSox v Mariners or WhiteSox v Phillies, shame the Cubs are on the road that week as would love to go to Wrigley. Cubs are going to smash it this year.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Minnesota Twins, all the way :clap2:

I'll be seeing them play in New York vs the Mets in September, followed by a couple of games at Target Field Minneapolis, vs the Detroit Tigers.

Then I'm going to try to take in a Cubs game in Chicago (vs the Cardinals), but might have to see how fed up with baseball the missus is before I know for sure if that'll happen. The Twins games are the main attraction though.

That'll be a great trip! Twins unlucky to just miss out on playoffs last year! Am basing a trip in June/July Around the Phillies including trips to San Fran, Phoenix and Denver to see the Phillies!! Also taking in San Diego/la/Vegas while am there! Saving for quite while sort of a dream trip! Although saving has been tricky of late with all the Albion games iv been doing recently!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That'll be a great trip! Twins unlucky to just miss out on playoffs last year! Am basing a trip in June/July Around the Phillies including trips to San Fran, Phoenix and Denver to see the Phillies!! Also taking in San Diego/la/Vegas while am there! Saving for quite while sort of a dream trip! Although saving has been tricky of late with all the Albion games iv been doing recently!!

That sounds tremendous. Not sure I'll be needing the sun cream like you will.
I'm doing 3 nights in NYC, 4 nights in Minneapolis, then 3 nights in Chicago before flying back. Its bucket list stuff, I cannot wait.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They follow up their spring form it could all look promising!

Btw am going to Phoenix to watch the Phillies v Diamondbacks series at end of June, if your around fancy going to one of the games in the series?!

Sure, always happy to take in a game at the ballpark.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Your trip sounds fantastic. SF is my favourite ballpark, closely followed by Denier.
Very very envious

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Having lived in The Big Apple. There is only one team, The New York Mets. On the West coast I have a soft spot for the A,s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here