Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh! What a Lovely War

On Film 4 now. Best anti-war film ever.

If you haven't seen it I'm sure it will be available on catch up - a great cast, an ending that predates Blackadder by decades and you get to see the West Pier in all its glory.

One of my all time favourite films.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

If you haven't seen it I'm sure it will be available on catch up - a great cast, an ending that predates Blackadder by decades and you get to see the West Pier in all its glory.

Filmed in and around Brighton if I recall correctly.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
West Pier? Don't forget Carry on Girls!

normal_scan0004~10.jpg

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Got the DVD. Always a good watch. Great Film. Another one I often watch is "All Quiet on the Western Front". Another terrific anti war film.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

This has given me a jolt. I haven't seen it for at least 20 years and have probably only thought about it half a dozen times in that period. I'm up for a treat later.
Good call sir.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
.....I'm now trying to think of "Pro-War" films that I like.

Where xxxxxxx dare?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014

Watched it at school and thought what a crock ,but can appreciate now

This has given me a jolt. I haven't seen it for at least 20 years and have probably only thought about it half a dozen times in that period. I'm up for a treat later.
Good call sir.

I'm not sure it's been on TV, at least not for an awful long time. I have certainly never seen it on TV since maybe the 70's.

Even the DVD wasn't available till relatively recently.

I watched it this afternoon and had tears in my eyes at the closing scene. I'm sure that Blackadder Goes Forth got their inspiration from this but as moving as Blackadder was, OWALW is even more emotional.

At least I think so. Judge for youself above.

And then watch the whole thing. If some of it doesn´t bring a lump to your throat I'll be very surprised.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just watched Kajaki , a very true and very disturbing account of what went on at Kajaki dam , the faulty and inadequate kit the British army had to suffer is truly disgusting , a very powerful and eye opening film .

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here