Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The future PM?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He didn't look very humiliated. He said that an EU site said those under 8 needed to be supervised. He wasn't corrected on that was he? They just added that warnings would be placed on packaging.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He didn't look very humiliated.

A defining character trait of Boris. I don't think he's ever looked humiliated in his life.

Caught as an adulterer? No sweat - I'm just a lad getting my leg over.
Suspended on a zip line? I look stupid, you say? So ****ing what?
Runs full tilt into a young lad and knocks him flying? What's the problem - it'll toughen him up.
Campaign for leaving Europe when everyone knows that I'm an inner really? So what? This is my career we're talking about. People will understand.

Boris gets away with bloody murder. Any other politician would have been mortally wounded by any one of about a dozen things that Boris has done/said. He's a total shoe-in for PM. Crikey.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The amazing thing is that he's been fired TWICE for lying: once, as a journalist, for making up stories (mainly about the EU) and once, as a minister, for lying to his leader

We know that politicians are less than honest but they're not normally so blatant. Either of these would normally be seen a career-damaging (if not ending) move but it's water off a duck's back to Boris

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Campaign for leaving Europe when everyone knows that I'm an inner really? So what? This is my career we're talking about. People will understand

what makes you think he's an inner? he's been fairly consistently euro-sceptic, maybe not John Redwood grade.

and much like papers love certain managers regardless of what they do, i think there's a large slice of that with Boris. the media love him because its box office, so like to say he's a favorite. however the parliamentary party and the wider party will make the choice, and for many of the reasons such as those you highlight im not so sure they will back him..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's seen that Berlosconi has made it to the top by being a lying, cheating reprobate, but with a cheeky smile on his face, and has adopted that model.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's seen that Berlosconi has made it to the top by being a lying, cheating reprobate, but with a cheeky smile on his face, and has adopted that model.

Helped that Berlusconi was a billionaire who controlled most of the media too. But I suppose Boris doesn't have to worry about this as the media already idolise him.....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I fear he will be, I think its inevitable. I never understand the people of this country voting such a bunch of muppets, from all parties, to run our country.

In fairness, I look at our current crop of parliamentarians and I struggle to think of many that I would want to be PM.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Boris would make an epic PM.. can't wait.

hw16.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I always find it strange that people slag Boris off as likely to be a bad PM yet seem to miss that he appears to have done a pretty good job running London - so well he got re-elected to do the job.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
what makes you think he's an inner? he's been fairly consistently euro-sceptic, maybe not John Redwood grade.

and much like papers love certain managers regardless of what they do, i think there's a large slice of that with Boris. the media love him because its box office, so like to say he's a favorite. however the parliamentary party and the wider party will make the choice, and for many of the reasons such as those you highlight im not so sure they will back him..

Your first point: I stand corrected, he has indeed been consistently moderately "out". I thought I'd seen pieces from him 3-5 years ago saying we should stay, but there are far more with a moderate to more "out" stance.

The party will surely want a winner. The public consistently vote for Boris. Ergo.... Deep analysis? Nope. A belief that Boris will be PM? Yep.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
A defining character trait of Boris. I don't think he's ever looked humiliated in his life.

Caught as an adulterer? No sweat - I'm just a lad getting my leg over.
Suspended on a zip line? I look stupid, you say? So ****ing what?
Runs full tilt into a young lad and knocks him flying? What's the problem - it'll toughen him up.
Campaign for leaving Europe when everyone knows that I'm an inner really? So what? This is my career we're talking about. People will understand.

Boris gets away with bloody murder. Any other politician would have been mortally wounded by any one of about a dozen things that Boris has done/said. He's a total shoe-in for PM. Crikey.

Boris and Trump - the dream team!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris has no knowledge of how to lead a country, the man is a buffoon ...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is it the Harry Redknapp syndrome? The press decide he's the only man for the job, no matter how unsuitable,because he would provide good copy. The great British public, start to register that he is being in the public eye more, therefore he must have something to offer, the press thenpush him forward as thepoular choice for the job with the electorate, and, Bob's your Uncle,

Boris is PM.

Democracy is a wonderful thing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Time for a female labour leader. The men have been shit

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills