Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hill Barn Traffic Lights

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
Has anyone else been experiencing issues with the traffic backlogging at the Hill Barn Traffic (near the Whippet?) lights going East towards Brighton early mornings, only started the last month or so, not sure if it is an issue with timings being out of sync but the unpredictability of it is really becoming annoying! Sometimes the traffic is queuing back to Lyons Farm?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They said on the radio that following the air disaster they were replaced with the Highway's Agency's latest technology which monitors traffic and adjusts the phasing to best manage traffic flow. Given that they were never a problem before, you do wonder why.

Edit: apparently I'm talking about the wrong place.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm sure there's a good joke to be made about an Owl complaining about a barn somewhere in there.

WoodyOwl

Mar 10, 2016
Worthing
Isn't Hill Barn in Worthing?

Not sure what it is officially called, it is Sompting i guess, i call it Hill Barn because of that Car garage on the corner used to be called Hill Barn Garage (used to sell those American Hummers), on maps its the Busticle Lane/a27 cross roads.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure what it is officially called, it is Sompting i guess, i call it Hill Barn because of that Car garage on the corner used to be called Hill Barn Garage (used to sell those American Hummers), on maps its the Busticle Lane/a27 cross roads.

Ok, got it. Thanks

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is it "make up silly place names" day?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
local radio mentioned that there was an ongoing problem with the sequencing of the light at Lyons Farm in Worthing...

Jul 7, 2003
That whole stretch has been bad since they switched the traffic lights back on at Shoreham Airport. Most recently it has been Lyons farm to Hill Barn that is the worst but all it does is bring the queue forward from the Airport. With works on the A259 a while back and now people avoiding the A24 at Buck Barn crossroads, it seems to be getting worse.

As my morning commute to Burgess Hill now also has the road closure from Clayton to Ditchling adding to the delays, I have given up on the coast and now drive a very long but reliable route using back roads across the glorious Sussex countryside.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Blooming hell is it gonna take that long?

I live close to Hassocks station and since the Clayton Road has been shut the traffic here has been a nightmare. Hopefully with school holidays upon us for a couple of weeks it will calm down a bit. I hope so anyway.

Can't wait for it to finish.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It's the bl**dy Albion's fault. The training ground causing major trouble with the water table in Grinstead Lane. Lately more people switching from the 259 to the 27 earlier messing with the flow through the lights everywhere else. I turn right at the top of Busticle Lane towards Brighton in the mornings and it's become a nightmare lately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here