Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Phife Dawg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
In the light of yesterday's news seems a little wrong to celebrate one man's life but I'm sure I'm not the only Tribe Called Quest fan on here.

Seems like the funky diabetic, Phife Dawg's health problems caught up with him at 45 years young:down:

RIP the 5 foot assassin, and yes, you were my favourite MC.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Oh FFS - what was wrong with him? I was listening to A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul yesterday.

RIP

As the line went 'When's the last time you heard a funky diabetic?'

Hasn't been confirmed but many suspect his long term health problems are to blame.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I recommend 'Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest' if you haven't seen it.

I have, really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Really sad. We should remember him for his role in Low End Theory, one of the greatest albums of all time. It's lovely to hear the others talk about him spitting "microphone check / one two what is this? / the five foot assassin / with the roughneck business" in the studio out of nowhere.

But his life is not a great advert for US healthcare Quest reunions basically happened to pay his healthcare bills. I bought a v expensive official ATCQ shirt recently in the hope it would help ...

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I now know what's going on the iPod for tomorrow's 2 hour drive...and the return journey on Monday.
RIP Phife

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Missed this thread. RIP Phife.

ATCQ, and specifically Low End Theory, were one of the first acts that got me into hip-hop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here