Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jiri Skalak

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have a feeling this lad is going to become an Albion legend over the next few years.:bowdown:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Strange thing to post on the back of a poor performance from him....?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

I understand what you mean, but I just have that rare feeling about a player that he will become a very important player for us and a real Leg End ! He's getting used to the game here too. Superb cross to Hemed though for his header in.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I agree. Whilst his performances havent been great he has produced a couple of stand out moments against cardiff and mk dons

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is VERY good at crossing!

Yep - 2 assists so far in little pitch time is encouraging...

I understand what you mean, but I just have that rare feeling about a player that he will become a very important player for us and a real Leg End ! He's getting used to the game here too. Superb cross to Hemed though for his header in.

Yeh he could be. Needs to be given time.

I agree. Whilst his performances havent been great he has produced a couple of stand out moments against cardiff and mk dons

Cardiff I agree - MK Dons he was our worst player by a country mile for me - and most around me. However deserves huge credit for that cross during an 'off day'.

I like him but I fear he may not be good enough for the standard required in this league. Of course I'll give him time & hope my hunch is wrong. I really really hope [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] bounces this in 6 months and makes me look a tit :lol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't see it, I will reassess my view at the the end of the season.
As for the cross, no disrespect it was a standard wingers cross, what was good was the fact he beat someone on the outside to get to the byline to pull it back.I am sure most know a huge percentage of goals are scored when pulling the ball back when getting deep,strikers should gobble these up like pacmans!! Yes I was a 70s kid.
long may the Albion be pulling it back.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Of course he is good enough... he is an international..... he does require some adjustment to the pace and physicality of our game, but he will be a regular next year in this division, maybe less so if we go up.

Stumpy Tim

He's clearly got a LOT of quality. He's definitely struggling to adapt to the pace of Championship football, but that's not unusual. Once he's up to the pace he'll be quality because his other attributes are different class. As has been mentioned many times, his delivery is fantastic - the best at the club. I actually think he'll be better suited a division above where the pace is a little less frenetic and the final ball becomes more important

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As for the cross, no disrespect it was a standard wingers cross, what was good was the fact he beat someone on the outside to get to the byline to pull it back.I am sure most know a huge percentage of goals are scored when pulling the ball back when getting deep,strikers should gobble these up like pacmans!! Yes I was a 70s kid.
It wasn't just the cross that was good in that move. If you watch the highlights on player, or were at the match, Skalek won the ball in our half, passed it and simply legged it into a great position. But I agree, overall he's not yet impressed.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Interestingly analysis (yes my thing) of goals scored in the Premier League, shows that only 10% of goals are scored from crosses where the crosser gets to the goal line!

Unless the assertion is that defenders are worse in the lower leagues then I see no reason why this percentage figure should be any different in the Championship. Obviously, if that is the case, then also the likelihood would be that the strikers would be worse too, so the percentage of goals scored would diminish too therefore cancelling any likely difference out!

D

Deleted member 2719

Interestingly analysis (yes my thing) of goals scored in the Premier League, shows that only 10% of goals are scored from crosses where the crosser gets to the goal line!
I struggle to believe that, where does it say these figures???

el punal

In an earlier post I commented that he was erratic due mainly to trying too hard to impress. As a consequence this has led him into making mistakes through poor decision making or being tactically inept at vital moments.

Then, last Saturday, he produces a sublime cross for Tomer's second goal to put us 2-0 up. That alone could be one of the defining moments in our season.

I believe, as with a lot of new players, that he needs to settle down and adapt. You can't knock his enthusiasm or his attitude and with that will come improvement. Defininetly one for the future - and maybe quite soon.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I have too much to do at present I will get back to you later. I love analysing to!!

No problem, I wasn't trying to dig you out, just there is a tendency for some on here to make statements of fact, which have little to back them up, then others appear to believe these statements are true! i.e. Brighton not scoring enough goals, when we are fourth highest scorers in division.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Calderwood mentioned that the cross at mk dons was what they see in training regularly from jiri

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here