Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T OK COMPUTER what a F'ing album!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just in that kinda mood. I've put on ok computer and I've totally fell in love with it again. British music that no other islands can make. Gritty, melodic, storytelling, genius!!
Do you ever get a moment, when you put an album on that you used to love and haven't heard it for ages, then you realise why you loved it in the first place. Makes you feel alive again. It last happened to me walking into a shop in Boston USA and hearing HIS 'N' HERS by pulp. When did it last happen to you?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I tend to look at this from a different angle and wonder if youngsters of today if they look to discover music from the past whether they get the same buzz on a first listen to an album that I did years ago.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just in that kinda mood. I've put on ok computer and I've totally fell in love with it again. British music that no other islands can make. Gritty, melodic, storytelling, genius!!
Do you ever get a moment, when you put an album on that you used to love and haven't heard it for ages, then you realise why you loved it in the first place. Makes you feel alive again. It last happened to me walking into a shop in Boston USA and hearing HIS 'N' HERS by pulp. When did it last happen to you?
An amazing album to be sure! Can't get enough of Subterranean homesick alien. Great stuff!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Yep, you're right, no other country could make British music quite like Britain does. ;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
WIthout wanting this to turn into a grumpy old gits thread, today's youth are missing out in terms of music. I can recall Setting Sons coming out, being outside Virgin Records the day it was released, catching the bus home and listening to it ten times over trying to learn the lyrics from the words on the sleeve. It genuinely mattered then, today it's just entertainment.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
This thread has made me go straight to my CD collection and whack OK Computer on. As soon as the first notes of Airbag came through the speakers I was transported back to being 14 again and hearing the album for the first time. Such a groundbreaking album.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's in my top five albums of all time, possibly as number one. What is remarkable about Radiohead is that they're so good that for many people it's not even their favourite Radiohead album despite it being an all time classic. Not many bands can say that, can they?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Splendid album. I was at my evening job and in the warehouse with my music on when SHA came on shuffle - some of the young kids (we're talking 17-18 here) had never even HEARD of Radiohead, let alone OK Computer or any of the masterpieces contained within.

Having said that, The Bends will always be my favourite Radiohead album. Can't think of a more emotive song than Black Star.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Splendid album. I was at my evening job and in the warehouse with my music on when SHA came on shuffle - some of the young kids (we're talking 17-18 here) had never even HEARD of Radiohead, let alone OK Computer or any of the masterpieces contained within.

Having said that, The Bends will always be my favourite Radiohead album. Can't think of a more emotive song than Black Star.

Black Star is one of those rare songs that is absolute perfection from start to finish. Love it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Really like 'OK Compuetr', my third favourite Radiohead album (behind 'Kid A' and 'Hail to the Thief'), best track is 'Fitter, Happier' imo.

As for a reaction similar to the OP - last one for me was when I re-purchased 'The Soft Bulletin' by The Flaming Lips last week, utterly fantastic album.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here