Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full time refs in the Championship next season

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
PGMO the people who train & maintain the professional referees squad for the BPL are extending to the championship next season with a squad of 12 permanent and 6 part time referees.
Based on what I've seen I can't see it making much difference!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Who would want to be a referee! It's got to be the hardest job in football. You are expected to be correct 100% of the time or you are rubbish. You finish each game with at least one set of supporters hating you, because their team has been abysmal on the day.

I think you have to have a masochistic streak about you to be a ref!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not got to get 100% decisions correct just the majority not as yesterday hardly any. He wasnt helped by having a very poor assistant who ran the line near the west side. and got even less right than the ref even simple things like throw ins yet alone difficult ones like offside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not blaming the ref in any way for our dreadful display but either he was shit or I have a shit understanding of the current rules.

Blatant pushes in the back right in front of the officials are now OK?

Booking players for diving when they have no option after the tackle but to go to ground.

Kicking the ball away when the opposition have a free kick is now OK? There was one instance where three Brentford players did it one after the other for the same free kick.

We seem to pick up so many silly bookings and yet other teams get away with quite cynical stuff week in week out

I think there were even some tackles from behind that weren't penalised, has this rule changed again?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here