Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport/ Broadband warning

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
There was a thread on here last summer which unfortunately I can't find warning people with BT Broadband to check their bills as they had started charging for BT Sport without actually telling anyone.

This happened to me so I rang them up and like others on here got an apology and my money refunded.

What I only found out yesterday was that on the basis of that call they gave me a brand new 18 month contract without actually telling me or sending out any information to say they had done this, and at the time I was still within the existing contract anyway.

After an hour long discussion which started off with them telling me I was stuck in the contract so tough, after a threat of legal action they have agreed to log it as a sales complaint and listen to the phone call so I am confident of a positive outcome.

If anyone else has done this it might be worth ringing them to check your contract end date as conveniently they do not show this on their website.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
There was a thread on here last summer which unfortunately I can't find warning people with BT Broadband to check their bills as they had started charging for BT Sport without actually telling anyone.

This happened to me so I rang them up and like others on here got an apology and my money refunded.

What I only found out yesterday was that on the basis of that call they gave me a brand new 18 month contract without actually telling me or sending out any information to say they had done this, and at the time I was still within the existing contract anyway.

After an hour long discussion which started off with them telling me I was stuck in the contract so tough, after a threat of legal action they have agreed to log it as a sales complaint and listen to the phone call so I am confident of a positive outcome.

If anyone else has done this it might be worth ringing them to check your contract end date as conveniently they do not show this on their website.

Better call Saul...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had similar with a phone company called One Bill, that phoned me way after my original contract with them had finished, and offered me a saving of about a tenner a month, which I accepted. At no time was a new contract mentioned, I didn't sign anything, or verbally agree to anything.
About six months later, I was offered a cheaper deal by a rival firm, which I accepted, and told One Bill I was transferring my buisness to the new company. About a week later I received a bill from them, for £300 for breaking my contract with them. I phoned tham, and at first they wouldn't speak to me, because it was my buisness partner who signed the original contract, and then, after they accepted that I was now handling the buisness, said I had verbally agreed a new contract of 18 minths, and they had recorded proof of the phone call. I told them to send me a copy, and after another three demands for payment, still with no proof, and additional fees added, they passed me onto a debt collection agency.
They waded straight in with ccj threats, bailiff threat, etc, and would not provide any proof of my agreeing to a new contract, in the end I had, had enough, and told them I would see them in court.
Nothing after that, not a further word from them, and, I think the final sum they tried to screw me out of was the thick end of 1400 quid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here