Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points needed for 2nd

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A bit of a crude estimation, but extrapolating form from the past 10 games indicates that 85 points will be enough for second, even with a relatively low goal difference.

So 4 wins and 2 draws from 8 then!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
For us this year the points are very difficult to work out. We could win 5 draw 3 and not make it, if the 3 draws are Burnley, Derby and Boro. Conversely we could do it with only three wins if they are those same games.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I maintain that the best rule of thumb is to assume other teams average 2 points per game.

This would give 'Boro 88 points and Burnley 91. So we would need 89 points, or 6 wins from the last 8 games. It will obviously get more specific than this as we move towards the last game, but I think it's still too early to have any value in predicting all the individual results.

PG

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
For us this year the points are very difficult to work out. We could win 5 draw 3 and not make it, if the 3 draws are Burnley, Derby and Boro. Conversely we could do it with only three wins if they are those same games.

This..
The games against are rivals will decide it.. 3 points in those games means 3 points they don't get.. So, a random points needed guess needs to include those results..

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Urgh, if we don't make it, but thrash Derby (or Burnley/Boro I suppose) and then face them in the playoffs, then it could have the same effect that thrashing palace had three years ago :(

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're gonna have two weeks of this, aren't we?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A bit of a crude estimation, but extrapolating form from the past 10 games indicates that 85 points will be enough for second, even with a relatively low goal difference.

So 4 wins and 2 draws from 8 then!
Not being picky, but if talking about second place, why are we not aiming for first place, it could happen :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is a Triggaaar post at its best! :)
That other thread (which is preferable, a point ahead or a game in hand) has put me in a shitty mood. We all have our faults, and among my worst are being a smartarse and having a severe intolerance of stupidity. It's a horrible combination that makes me a bit of a **** at times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here