Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with Campsites-Springbarn(Lewes)-Dogwood(brede)

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I'm spending the Easter week with Mrs & Miss Glawster in a VW Camper. Anyone know these sites or recommend any others between A27 and Rye.
Also taking Mrs G to her first Albion game.
Thanks in advance

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No, but if you were a member of the caravan Club, and if it is not full, the Caravan Club site in Brighton is very good, albeit not cheap. It's next to the Whitehawk FC Ground, and reasonably easy to get to the racecourse P&R walking (big hills) or by bus with free travel on the match ticket.

I will be there for the Burnley Match with Mrs DiS and some other friends nearby.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm spending the Easter week with Mrs & Miss Glawster in a VW Camper. Anyone know these sites or recommend any others between A27 and Rye.
Also taking Mrs G to her first Albion game.
Thanks in advance

I've been to both, but camping. Both nice spots - Dogwood is sheltered and quiet, quite small, not that much to do there, but pleasant. One block for showers and toilets; Spring Barn is attached to the tourist attraction farm and is open to the elements, but has great views of the Downs. Again, only one shower/toilet block. Breakfast can be purchased at the farm, although it's not cheap. In terms of noise, Dogwood is quieter (although the man in the next tent's dry cough was really annoying). I've stayed at Spring Barn a couple of times and was next to a bunch of students once who wanted to talk all night and listen to Ladyhawke. I drifted off eventually, I think. For me, I think the views at Spring Barn would swing it. Are you intending to go to the Amex and spend a day in Rye as well? If so, I'd be tempted to do a day in each campsite, if possible - it always takes longer to get to Rye than you think, in my experience....

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Thanks for the tips.
We decided to do 2 days in each and a night @Ashdown Park( the wife prefers fluffy towels). I wanted to visit Dymchurch and Bodiam and junior wants beach and cuddly animals.
Anyway the weather looks dreadful but it should be fun. The campervan is a Pink VW called Molly.
Can't wait til the Burnley game!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here