Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton Away Trains-Problems for some

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Dont think i read this wrong,no doubt some train experts can confirm

Brighton to London OK but Brighton to Worthing line and possibly beyond(Albions most loyal base) is replacement bus service

fine going up,but 10 pints cider,6 Pimms,8 sailor jerrys,a cheeky bottle of blush over lunch and 2 G and T `s later the bus with no bog is a nightmare

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not read incorrectly as buses replace trains between Brighton and Littlehampton for the whole of that weekend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
"Improvements"??? Where? All I'm seeing is an increase in delays and cancellations.

The cancellations appear to be because the train companies are unable to recruit and retain reliable, quality staff. That is either because the companies aren't paying high enough wages or because the management is shite.

But I suppose closing ticket offices gives the opportunity for staff to retrain as train crew. That might help. At times there are five or six staff on the barriers at Worthing; totally unnecessary. (But you can be sure they have all gone home by the time train arrives after evening games so there is nobody to help the wheelchairs off of the train!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here