Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale for England duty

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Well, with Harty injured, surely there's only one... only one man to be called up as 3rd choice keeper? Step forward... Stocko :albion2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Massive shame Wayne Hennessey is Welsh, that's all I can say.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
In front of Carson?

No way does Carson deserve to be back in the England fold. I'm not suggesting Stockdale is next in line, but Carson has done bugger all this season and has played behind a Derby defence that have repeatedly let their club down for three months now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Completly tongue in cheek, he'll never get a cap. After this season I'd rather give Stocko a call up over calamity Carson and flappy Foster. Only other I can think of is Ruddy

Maybe they'd give somebody like Jordan Pickford a go in the squad for experience? Thought he was absolutely superb for PNE when they were at the Amex earlier this season. Realistically, with Butland and Forster in the squad for the next game, a third keeper is only there for experience & "just in case".

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Completly tongue in cheek, he'll never get a cap. After this season I'd rather give Stocko a call up over calamity Carson and flappy Foster. Only other I can think of is Ruddy

Hodgson's third choice while Forster was injured was Tom Heaton from Burnley, so wouldn't be surprised if he was called up. Gut feeling is that Pickford will be called up for this one as the u-21's don't have any matches lined up for this break.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
In front of Carson?

Hodgson's third choice while Forster was injured was Tom Heaton from Burnley, so wouldn't be surprised if he was called up. Gut feeling is that Pickford will be called up for this one as the u-21's don't have any matches lined up for this break.

Heaton is a good shout. Quality keeper.
Carson's completely hopeless with the ball in the air. No chance.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014

I forgot about Heaton, however I'd hope Pickford gets a call up for experience

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunately it's long been the case, that as far as the England set up is concerned, however good you are, or however much you might warrant inclusion, if you don'y play for a club in the Premier League, you get overlooked.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Tom Heaton has been called up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tom Heaton has been called up.

I hope he lets in SEVEN in his half against the Germans, suffers a massive* loss of confidence, and spends the rest of this season rooted to his goal line, hugging a security blanket, whimpering and covering his eyes every time a ball comes near him**.

*but temporary - just for about six weeks.

**a bit like Graeme Smith

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To think that Heaton used to be 2nd choice behind Marshall at Cardiff!

Rightly so, too. Marshall is an EXCELLENT keeper.

Tom Heaton really isn't. Watch the highlights of all Burnley's games this season - he's been responsible for a good few of the goals they've conceded.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here