Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easter eggs and hot cross buns

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mrs The Clamp simply adores a hot cross bun (toasted) with a bit of strong cheddar (not grilled, room temp) . We have a few packs on the larder. I like them absolutely pissing in butter.
Chocolate eggs, hmm. Neither of us are mad for chocolate, I will only eat maltesers or sometimes a Caramac. She loved Easter though, likes the rebirth aspect and that it is in Spring, our favourite season. She shall have a chocolate egg of some description. I will have my usual Sunday breakfast of 2 dippy eggs and bread (not toast) soldiers with a smattering of salt and butter.
We'll head off on a long stroll or a drive out for lunch then Pub with our neighbours for food and ale.

I have purchased these Easter items from Waitrose. I hope this covers everything.
If you need any further info, let me know.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
These...

image.jpg

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Waitrose do a wholemeal hot cross bun that I think is incredible... works so well. Nice and soft too...but then find that their hot cross buns last better, staying fresher, than other makes. Easter Eggs on the other hand, seem overpriced rip-offs...the volume of chocolate v price never stacks up in my opinion...unless you wait until after Easter when the stores seem desperate to clear their egg mountains, so knock the price right down to something more realistic...

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
D'oh! Was in Sainsbury (West Hove) yesterday and no sign of such tastiness... they DID have a member of staff just about to try breaking a world record for Sport Relief... the most number of strawberries dunked in chocolate in a minute (51 or so IIRC). Not sure what that particular "challenge" has got to do with Sport Relief but anyway...

Might have to give it a try at some point. You can get hot cross buns pretty much all year round in some places, so plenty of opportunity coming up. Sounds an intriguing combo though.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sainsburys have had Hot X Buns available in store for ages

I'm guessing it's the only store you go in, as all the supermarkets have had them for ages.

I've devoured several packs already and declare the Waitrose ones with cranberry the winner.

Not fussed about Easter eggs generally, but do like a Cadbury cream egg or six. Not had any for ages, though.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Easter eggs are just chocolate... hot cross buns.. loaded with butter.. a gift from God.
Limited selection here. Tescos, or Marks.. Tescos can be a bit ropey here, so Marks.

D

Deleted User X18H

Like any REAL Brightonian I shall be at Ravens at 8AM on Friday morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here