Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wherever we end up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
do you agree that it has been the best season for entertaining football from the Albion since we moved to the Amex?

We have had some higher points, in terms of domination of opposition teams under Gus, but we also had plenty of turgid keep ball dull games. Oscar did a great job but entertaining us wasn't something he excelled at given the injury problems and downgrading of players. Hyypia was just a complete disaster,

I hold my hand up to thinking CH was a dull but safe choice at the end of last season. I was so wrong as he has mostly put out sides that have entertained us.

FANTASTIC season which may get even better and I feel an affinity with the players again that I think most of us had lost completely last season.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

el punal

There have been so many stand-out moments this season. But the one thing that is apparent above all at the club is the unity. The scenes at the end of the game yesterday, against MK Dons, summed it all up. The players and fans celebrating with passion in one gigantic love-in and togetherness fest. What an unforgettable experience. :albion2:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
As with so many managers, give them the tools they require and they stand a far greater chance of playing entertaining, winning football. Whilst I was always confident we would make steady progress with Hughton at the helm, the remarkable turnaround in our recruitment since the post-Burke reshuffle has played such an important part of what we're seeing this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
do you agree that it has been the best season for entertaining football from the Albion since we moved to the Amex?
Yep.

There have been so many stand-out moments this season. But the one thing that is apparent above all at the club is the unity.
Agreed. It really feels like a united team, top to bottom.

The scenes at the end of the game yesterday, against MK Dons, summed it all up. The players and fans celebrating with passion in one gigantic love-in and togetherness fest. What an unforgettable experience. :albion2:
I would agree, but Working class pride has explained that it was all because of the promotion bonus that Tony has offered.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No.

I enjoyed the time when Bridge and Vicente were on the pitch together as the quality of the runs and passing was about 4 notches higher.

Dont fogey the srries of single goal wins at the start of the season whete solid was the word rather than entertaining

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No.

I enjoyed the time when Bridge and Vicente were on the pitch together as the quality of the runs and passing was about 4 notches higher.

Dont fogey the srries of single goal wins at the start of the season whete solid was the word rather than entertaining

I may be old but I object to being called a fogey!

The quality of the football was undoubtably better under Gus but was it more entertaining? I remember some fantastic performances but I also remember a lot of dull frustrating games. Not sure I've seen many of those this season. Nail biting yes, dull no.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a 'No' from me too.

Delighted with the results, but the performances have been workmanlike in the main.

Yesterday we were pants until Hemed came on. Gifted a penalty, then we had a great 10 minute spell, followed by squeaky bum time when they scored. Preston away was grim, and by all accounts Wednesday at home was the same.

The good news is the defence is excellent.

Chris Hughton has done a superb job, and whatever happens this season should be backed in the summer one would hope.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from Sheffield :lol:

Worst game of the season at the Amex and the reason why I don't want to end up in the playoffs. Wednesday will beat us IMO.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't think it's been anything like as exciting as under Poyet and there have been some dire performances. Don't get me wrong though I'm delighted.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I agree with you.

This is my favorite amex season, and the football is generally exciting, and a joy to watch ( Sheff Wednesday match excepted ).

Now we need to win the remaining 4 at home, which we have every chance of, and a couple of the aways.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Rotherham away was the worst game I've seen us play for a long time. Even Cardiff away didn't seem that bad although the scoreline was atrocious.

I'm enjoying this season. I don't need to compare it to other seasons.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
There have been so many stand-out moments this season. But the one thing that is apparent above all at the club is the unity. The scenes at the end of the game yesterday, against MK Dons, summed it all up. The players and fans celebrating with passion in one gigantic love-in and togetherness fest. What an unforgettable experience. :albion2:

That's what Chris Hughton does, brings a club together, when maybe they weren't before. Gets them playing with pride and passion, which unsurprisingly gets results

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here