Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad Losers

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the article, Williams said.

The red card I thought was harsh. It was silly, he’s come through the back of him, but it was never a red card.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I was there and have now watched the incident on the highlights a few times. There's a deliberate movement buy the MK Dons defender with his elbow towards Hemed. The ref had a very good view of it to be fair

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was either a second yellow or a red. I think red was justified but it would have been the same for us either way.

For Robinson to say they were the better team is a big worry for them - they clearly were not the better team, and if he is so tactically clueless to think they were then they have problems!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
"Robinson also disputed the sending off of McFadzean, which was shown for what the referee saw as an elbow on Hemed minutes after Kay’s goal. He conceded that he would’ve been dismissed as it would’ve the yellow he felt it was, but argued Brighton’s defenders got away with similar challenges."

So he shouldn't have been sent off for a straight red but should have been sent off for the second yellow. OK, Karl, that would have made a big difference to the match.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
From the article, Williams said.

The red card I thought was harsh. It was silly, he’s come through the back of him, but it was never a red card.

Well seeing a their player had already been booked he was going to go for at least a second yellow at that point so I don't know what they are moaning about.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I remember them being the same last time. We hammered them and because they had a penalty shout turned down they were apparently robbed. It's the standard 'us v them' mentality. See Neil Warnock school of team togetherness.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Normally, the player on the floor gets approached if there is some perception of trying to con the ref. Not one single MK Din player went to remonstrate with Hemed. Speaks volumes that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was there and have now watched the incident on the highlights a few times. There's a deliberate movement buy the MK Dons defender with his elbow towards Hemed. The ref had a very good view of it to be fair
It was right in front of us, it seemed clear it was deliberate and a red card was the only sensible outcome. Not sure what they're complaining about. Presumably they'll appeal the decision.

As for their penalty, it was such a terrible decision in the first place that of course our players argued. It wasn't one of those 'minimal contact' decisions, or where the ball hits a player's arm but they couldn't get out of the way, it simply didn't hit an arm at all and the decision was insane.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Quote:
Karl Robinson..........
"I thought our energy and desire was there, and obviously, with us missing a penalty in the 91st minute, they’ve won the lottery today."

What a load of old baloney :)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jonny Williams is disappointed with Brighton's gamesmanship

Krusty_the_Clown-276x300.png

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It was right in front of us, it seemed clear it was deliberate and a red card was the only sensible outcome. Not sure what they're complaining about. Presumably they'll appeal the decision.

As for their penalty, it was such a terrible decision in the first place that of course our players argued. It wasn't one of those 'minimal contact' decisions, or where the ball hits a player's arm but they couldn't get out of the way, it simply didn't hit an arm at all and the decision was insane.

I totally agree. This post-match whine by the Dongs reflects VERY badly on them. Still, probably a small improvement on urinating in a glass and chucking it over a balcony...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On the radio Aspinall said it was a straight red the second it happened. McFadzean is a well known thug.

Anyway, it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate club. Abortion of an organisation with the most plastic fans in the business and a total c*** for a manager. That little Jonny Williams is annoyed is just the cherry on the icing of an enormous Screw You MK Mongs cake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anyway, it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate club. Abortion of an organisation with the most plastic fans in the business and a total c*** for a manager. That little Jonny Williams is annoyed is just the cherry on the icing of an enormous Screw You MK Mongs cake.
:lol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But Brighton WILL fall away...:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here