Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed's disallowed goal

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My initial thought was that he was behind the ball, so can't have been. But did see a mention somewhere that Calderwood acknowledged he was probably just off...look forward to seeing it again, though whether it'll show anything who knows. The elbow for their red card doesn't really show on the main camera angle but clear as day from where we were that he deliberately swung his left arm into Hemed's face (which MK players conveniently ignored when they whinged about it after).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Goons on Channel 5 couldn't be arsed to show it. I thought it had to be onside but maybe I'm wrong.

There's usually not much point showing 'offside' goals from single camera as you don't usually get a conclusive view. They'd only ever bother if it affected the overall outcome.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Feet looked BEHIND their bloke when ball was kicked but possibility of his head being in front - would love to see it again. Franchise keep moaning about the ref but it could be that the 2 worst main decisions of the game were against us...!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
there was a defender between him and the goal - absurd decision

Where was the keeper? We concluded that perhaps the keeper was infront meaning only one defender was between Hemed and the goal line.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I was in a box on the side, where you could walk freely along the whole side line (dugouts side). Whilst we were attacking in the second half I was right down that end. I was dead in line at the point of this incident, and he was dead level, there was no part of his body offside.

Wrongly disallowed. The ball did go very slightly forwards and TH was marginally ahead of the ball.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was right in line with it too. I felt that he was in front of the defender when the ball was passed to him but level when he knocked the ball into the net. However, I don't know about being behind the ball. It was close but my instinct was slightly offside.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
there was a defender between him and the goal - absurd decision
I was in a box on the side, where you could walk freely along the whole side line (dugouts side). Whilst we were attacking in the second half I was right down that end. I was dead in line at the point of this incident, and he was dead level, there was no part of his body offside.

Wrongly disallowed.
I couldn't see it as offside at the time, but....

Colin Calderwood says he's seen the replay, and although marginal, he thinks the linesman got it right. So it seems it wasn't the wrong decision at all.

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Think there's some misunderstanding here. The flag went up for the original ball - think it was from Kayal to whoever crossed it in. They were marginally offside, and then pulled it back for Hemed to score.

So, Hemed was fine, but the crosser wasn't.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Watching live it looked a good goal - haven't seen a replay yet but it looked a bad decision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here