Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BALDOCK PLEASED WITH STRIKING PARTNERSHIPS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion's striker feels there plenty of attacking options in the squad.

Brighton & Hove Albion forward Sam Baldock heaped praise on his attacking team-mates and is confident that partnerships will continue to flourish, whoever is playing upfront.The 27-year-old’s pairing with Tomer Hemed has been praised all season, but on Tuesday night he was partnered with James Wilson for the first time and believes that good communication was key on the night.
He said, “It was very interesting going into the match because we didn’t know how it would work. I think me and Willo [Wilson] complemented each other very well but saying that, all of us have worked well together this season.
“Before that match Willo and I identified our strengths to each other and during the match there was constant communication. If the partnership didn’t work well then we had players on the bench that could come on and change things.
“James is used to a lot of pressure coming from Manchester United; he got thrown in the deep end there and thrived for them.
“He has great quality as you saw with his finish on Tuesday. He definitely brings something different to the team.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Baldock will be facing a former club today and will be returning to the stadium where his career started 11 years ago.“The Dons are a great club and I love the place because they gave me a chance. I was there until I was 22-years-old and I feel I left at a great time in my career.
“They have made massive progress over the last few years. The chairman has great passion and also Karl Robinson the manager has great ideas.
“They have been known to play good football and it’s been very distinctive at times, but they have had to change their style slightly due to the level in the Championship. They are a lot more solid now and know when to change their game.
“They always have good young talent coming out of the academy. A few have been sold at younger ages to bigger clubs but some have stayed at the club and now play in the first team. As a football club that is something to be very proud of.
“They have players that can fill in for the missing members. Jake [Forster-Caskey] will be a big miss for them because he dominates the midfield with [Darren] Potter. It’s definitely an advantage that he isn’t playing.”
Another familiar face in the MK Dons squad will be that of Sam's younger brother, right-back George Baldock.
“We have played against each other before so it won’t be as built up as last time. He has really made a name for himself up there and he is now a regular in the team. Our family will be on the fence for this one but I’ll be hoping we come out on top.
“He is very much his own person and our personalities differ because he is a right-back.
“I have always tried to watch his games and we like getting feedback from one another. I can’t tell him about defending but I tell him what areas to exploit as an attacker. I haven’t told him anything this week though.
“We are best friends. We are both fighting for something and we won’t give any advantages or tips to each other.”
[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V QPR
[/h]TUESDAY 19TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here