Iain Duncan Smith resigns

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It wouldn't be as bad if the rest of the population hadn't been given taxes cuts, let off fuel duty rises etc...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's not doing it for the greater good of the disadvantaged. This is the man who closed down Remploy and claimed disabled people are 'not normal'.

This is to do with chasing votes for the 'Out' campaign.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has resigned citing pressure to make cuts to disability benefits.
It comes after mounting controversy over £4bn of planned cuts to Personal Independence Payments, expected to affect 640,000 people.
Mr Duncan Smith said the cuts were "not defensible" within a Budget that "benefits higher earning taxpayers".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
HOPEFULLY
the beginning of the end

bye dave and the rest:wave:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's not doing it for the greater good of the disadvantaged. This is the man who closed down Remploy and claimed disabled people are 'not normal'.

I think you have a point, gives him a free hand to go into Brexit overdrive...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I never ever thought I would be applauding IDS, for a principled stand against cuts to the benefits budget.

Well done Ian Duncan Smith, the quite man has spoken

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The RED flag will be back FLYING over Downing Street before the end of the year

are the russians going to invade?

EDIT>Silly me but you get me drift

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yep. All about Europe this. If Cameron loses the eu vote , he will resign and boris will be in number 10 by August!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Comrade [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will be DROWNING his SORROWS in a bottle of CHEAP wine tonight

Celebrating a bumper Cheltenham with some fizzy stuff as it happens. Thanks for the thought and concern though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Jeezus! The Toriest of Tories resigns because 'cuts are to big'. Never a headline I'd thought I'd see.

I read the letter as cuts not acceptable given applued at the sametime as reduction in tax bill for better off.

Therefore if tax thresholds had not been increase assumption would be he would have supported cuts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here