Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People you were surprised to find were still alive

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Many of us were surprised that Cliff Michelmore had died believing that he'd shuffled off this mortal coil some years ago.

Who else from an older generation is, happily, still with us? There are reasonably well known oldies around, like Kirk Douglas and Olivia De Havilland but anyone else?

This week I've found two examples of people I thought were long gone: Lawrence Ferlinghetti, the beat poet, is still going strong at 96 (and still working) and 97-year-old Billy Graham, the evangelist, has not yet been summoned heavenwards, but I'm sure there are others

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bill Archer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Doris Day

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Bill Briggins. Have been telling the girlfriend, whilst we watch House of Cards 4, that Francis is haunted by the murder of Bill Briggins back in season 2. Of course, there is no such character, but she's fallen for my pointless deceit, and i intend to let her know in an episode or two's time i've read that he's not really dead and will likely appear in the season finale, so to keep an eye out for him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just seen that Asa Briggs, the historian and vice-chancellor of Sussex uni has died at 94 - a week ago, he'd have made this list.

And Vera Lynn, who was mentioned earlier, is 99 tomorrow

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Our Lord, the little Beebee jeezus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here