Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever done anything that would besmirch the name of our fine football club?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/please-represent-brighton-hove-albion-with-pride-3012779.aspx

The club will have a huge away support on Saturday.

It is certainly the biggest away following since the play-off final in Cardiff in May 2004, which was 28,600."
Tim Carder

With up to 7000 Brighton & Hove Albion fans due to travel to MK Dons this weekend, it will probably be the biggest away following for a league fixture since the club won promotion at Newcastle United in 1979 - and club historian Tim Carder says it could actually be the club's biggest-ever for a domestic league match.

Ahead of the game, the club is also taking the opportunity to remind the thousands of fans travelling that they are representing the Albion, and to be great ambassadors for the city and club on their way to and from the match, and at the stadium - and have warned fans not to run the risk of a ban as we enter this crucial stage of the season.

The club's head of safety and security Adrian Morris advised, "Via our terms and conditions we ask all fans to do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club and not to diminish or besmirch it in any way or through any means.

"The vast majority of our supporters are an absolute credit to our club and will support us with great pride and passion at Stadium MK.

"If there is a small minority who are thinking of any anti-social behaviour, then we would advise them to think again and remind them that anyone found guilty of misbehaviour will face a club ban, sanctions on purchasing away tickets and possibly arrest and criminal prosecution."

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...n-with-pride-3012779.aspx#LuCIeJWsJBzBmWIu.99

Jan 30, 2008
Oh look ,lets try and put people off from having a bit of a laugh ........... pathetic , I'M SURE Darren and his mates will have their beady eyes on procedings , so glad I'm not going
regards
DR

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When I was 14, and still living at home, I did write Crystal Palace are crap, in chalk on the paved area outside our house.
Did not go down well with my mates dad.........
Anyway the rain washed it away on the end.
Followed by a thick ear from my dad.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, never.

It'll be the london away goons out tomorrow, though, so I expect some serious besmirching will occur.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Sounds a bit like the club is "besmirching" us for no good reason rather than the other way round.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
No I haven't, neither do I need to be told how to behave and I am not 'representing' BHA FC. Corporate horse fodder speak, not that I care to be honest.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No, never.

It'll be the london away goons out tomorrow, though, so I expect some serious besmirching will occur.

Exactly this. The Notters rule applies here. [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]

Thankfully the further North you go the less the Albion bellend away. Stuff like thats my seat, lets do charlie on the train etc

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Oh look ,lets try and put people off from having a bit of a laugh ........... pathetic , I'M SURE Darren and his mates will have their beady eyes on procedings , so glad I'm not going
regards
DR

Hahahahahahahahah! As if you'd go to an Albion game!

Still, one less chance of mindless aggro from an old boot boy, eh Das?

SAC

May 21, 2014
I did hear that a well known poster was seen jumping up and down on his seat once. If I had been there I would have screamed for a steward, don't want any Besmirching.

In my younger days, besmirching was seen as standing up for your club, although admittedly not by everyone.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] did once vomit all over the streets of Dublin in a replica shirt.

I once vomited over my replica 1990s pink away top after a few drinks in a Florida hotel bar. Funnily enough, no-one could see I'd been sick on it...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
My first thought when I read this was I didn't know that the club marketing department was recruiting writers from the Dickensian times.

I besmerch you sir, damn and blast.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There will be one or two threads on here after the game complaining about the 'behaviour' of some fans - always the way with large away followings. I guarantee it!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Exactly this. The Notters rule applies here. [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION]

Thankfully the further North you go the less the Albion bellend away. Stuff like thats my seat, lets do charlie on the train etc

Ah yes, the law of Notters. I need to refine it at some point. I imagine promotion to the Premiership would see an exponential increase in bellendry.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My first thought when I read this was I didn't know that the club marketing department was recruiting writers from the Dickensian times.

I besmerch you sir, damn and blast.
Imagine if there is trouble, the follow up will be referring to the mischief caused an unruly collection of knaves and guttersnipes.

Actually, I'd love that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here