Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Updates - 3rd Anniversary thread 11/9/04 - RIP Robert

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just to say the Argus have contacted me and Douglas Eaton, Roz and the local football teams.

They will be doing a piece in the Argus on Saturday with a report on the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund what we have acheived over the last 3 years and what our hopes and dreams are for the future.

They are interested also in the flag going to Watford on Saturday and will be reporting via Roz on that, so well done to all those that helped make that happen. It will be a poignant moment on Saturday when that flag is passed around.

To summarise since 11/9/04 we have.

1. Raised independently £ 35000 +
2. Supported Los Peladitos with full funding in 2002 and have provided another tranche of kit and equipment this year.
3. Supported 3 local football teams for children to play in Robert's memory - King George United, Fishersgate Community FC and Portslade Athletic.
4. Our main sources of revenue are - Annual football match played at Albion's home ground, annual golf day, annual internet auction, sponsored runs etc

The report will also be a launchpad to invite local clubs 5-16 in the Sussex aread and also Croydon to recognise their support to apply for a grant of up to £ 1000 each for up to 5 clubs a year.

Our dream is to support 20 or so clubs in the next 5 years and hold a Robert Eaton Memorial Matchday when these clubs will play in a cup competition for a trophy.

Thanks for all your support. The REMF is NSC's charity.

Well done to so many people who have helped and continue to help.

Look out for the Argus Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
RIP - Robert Eaton

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
REMF is amazing, well done to everyone whos been involved in anyway with the Charity :clap:

R.I.P. Robert Eaton

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
RIP: RMH

Well done GG and everyone else ... it is incredible what has been achieved in Robert's memory

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I came to NSC too late to have known of Robert directly but as a fan of football and humanity I think what has been acheived in his name by all involved is wonderful. Well done.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Gareth, just to say you may indeed be a Daily Mail reading raving right-wing lunatic who knows nothing about horses but you are also (more importantly) an absolute and total hero.

I know all the work you put into the REMF since it's original conception, yes I know it wasn't just you and we've all done a bit here and there but you are undoubtedly one of the main people.

I hope you're proud of what it's achieved to date - you should be.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks Brovian.

I may and often do differ with people with my politics and opinions on world events but NSC comes together for the REMF and forgets all this and something good has come from that terrible day on 11/9/01.

Many people help, Roz, Ed, Simon, Lush ( Kay ), Dave ( Gaffer ), all the players, CPFC ( Kevin Risby ), Paul Samrah, Dick Knight, all the helpers on the day on the match, too many to mention.

This is NSC's charity a big slap on the back for everyone.

By the way I get the Daily Express !.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was chatting with a couple of Americans earlier this week, in relation to the events surrounding 9/11 and mentioned that a fan from the same team I support had lost his life in the Twin Towers. I then went on to tell them about REMF and the work done with money raised, in particular the support given to the team in the US, they were both impressed and touched by the efforts of NSC, in particular those mentioned above.

Football is an amazing game that can divide countries, cities and even families, it can also have amazing powers of unification, the fact that one of the major fund-raising events for REMF is a charity match against fellow supporters of our bitterest rivals is surely proof of this. The Americans are really fond of congratulating themselves with a "good job" after completing even the most basic of tasks, but the REMF really is a good job, and a fitting tribute to someone who had his life cut short at the hands of terrorists. REMF must continue, not only as a tribute to Robert but to prove that it is possible for something amazing to come from an awful tragedy.

Well done to all involved with the REMF, particularly those mentioned above, long may this continue.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Phaedrus said:
I came to NSC too late to have known of Robert directly but as a fan of football and humanity I think what has been acheived in his name by all involved is wonderful. Well done.

Me too, Did NSC start the REMF then? If so well done everybody at you're efforts and you should all be proud of yourselfs. :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

I heard that we wanted to make it an offical charity so that people can get sponsers for it from marathons and bike rides and other charitable events, any updates on that?

On Saturday I guess there will be a minute silence before the games?

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Gareth Glover said:
Thanks Brovian.

I may and often do differ with people with my politics and opinions on world events but NSC comes together for the REMF and forgets all this and something good has come from that terrible day on 11/9/01.

Many people help, Roz, Ed, Simon, Lush ( Kay ), Dave ( Gaffer ), all the players, CPFC ( Kevin Risby ), Paul Samrah, Dick Knight, all the helpers on the day on the match, too many to mention.

This is NSC's charity a big slap on the back for everyone.

By the way I get the Daily Express !.

That post was going so well until the last line:shootself

Seriously though, the REMF has indeed been a great achievement in memory of someone I never knew but whom I know was held in very high regard round here.

RIP Robert

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
What a fantastic acheivement by everyone, i really am proud that i know people who put loads of their time and effort to help this fantastic charity.

Rest in Peace Robert

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
RIP.

Robert would have been proud of our victory over Palace this year. :albion: :angel: :albion:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am very proud of REMF and felt very privileged to get involved with both games at Withdean as were all the boys from ASC Strikers.

It has been a wonderful achievement and I know it will carry on.

RIP

:angel:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I am sure quite a few tears will be shed on Saturday. I cannot promise mine won't be flowing too. (I really am a softie at heart)

RIP Robert & the other 3000+ (including 346 rescue personel helping to save lives)

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
will there be a minutes silence at watford on saturday?

what everyone has achieved with the REMF is absolutely outstanding and the best possible way to rememeber Robert.

R.I.P.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here