Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby The Builder

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Looks like Bobby is lining up his post football career, along with his former West Ham chums:

"Former England captain Rio Ferdinand and Brighton footballer Bobby Zamora have revealed plans for a 1,000-home urban extension in Central Bedfordshire.

Legacy, Ferdinand’s regeneration company, is to develop a 54-acre site in Houghton Regis owned by Central Bedfordshire Council. Aviva Investors is providing funding.

An exclusivity agreement with the council will run for six months, allowing Legacy to secure planning permission for the project.

The development will comprise a mix of affordable, social, rented, and privately-owned housing, alongside a sports academy where Ferdinand will be a coach.

Other partners in Legacy include West Ham footballer Mark Noble and Brighton footballer Bobby Zamora.The developer aims to create developments with a mix of housing tenures, each anchored by a sports academy.

Legacy’s Houghton Regis project was announced at MIPIM today and secured endorsement from housing and planning minister Brandon Lewis.

He said: “The Houghton Regis project that Legacy are announcing with Central Bedfordshire Council will show the way to creating vibrant communities, backed by private sector investment, and using new and innovative approaches to building new homes to buy and rent.”

Ferdinand added: “Kingsland is a great example of the developments Legacy wants to roll out to key locations across the UK.

“We aim to start on site in early 2017 and to be delivering the first of our high-quality homes to a new generation of home-makers in Houghton Regis within a year of that date."

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
alongside a sports academy where Ferdinand will be a coach.

Hey! Mr Councillor I want to build an academy for my pension fund, have you any land? Sure there's some over there, but you have to build a few houses as well............ No problem, I'll get some mates to invest.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
great to be developing, but im not sure 1000 home developments need to be "anchored" by anything other than a school, dr surgery and some local shops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here