Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ugly yellow kit on Saturday

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Why are we not wearing our stripes on Saturday. Biggest away crowd for a very long time and the club urging fans to wear "the colours". Well "the colours", our colours, are blue and white and if the club wants to have a good showing of club colours we shouldn't be playing in that ugly yellow stuff.

Seems to me to be no more than a cynical marketing ploy to sell more yellow shirts. My guess that we have a lot left over as the end of the season nears and some clever clogs markeing person said: "I know, lets play in yellow at MK where we are expecting the biggest away following of the season and urge fans to buy yellow shirts which we'll offer at a small discount. That should shift them".

At the risk of repeating myself, we are a blue and white team and should wear the colours that the club and its fans identify with at EVERY opportunity, only wearing the second strip when there's a clash. Why would any sensible fan spend money on those hideous yellow or crimson shirts when they will disappear by next season and you will be left with a shirt which has no ongoing connection with the club you support?

Have you ever been happy?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nothing to do with Nike being shit then?

I don't think so. The anecdotal information was that the initial launch of the kit was successful, but sales dropped off once the season started and the results under Sammi were poor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't think so. The anecdotal information was that the initial launch of the kit was successful, but sales dropped off once the season started and the results under Sammi were poor.

Exactly. We must be RAKING it in now.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When I read about the clubs 'push' for everyone to wear the yellow shirt I thought to myself, I think I'll dust off the old yellow Skint shirt :( nope #toomuchtimber :(

You've got me worried now. I'd best try mine on before the morning. I'd forgotten how long ago I first bought it!

I did have a funny moment wearing it, though. I can't remember where we were going, but we bumped into some Palace fans at a motorway services. I bounded up to them for some banter and started with a riposte about their decrepit part of the world. One of their women folk replied by asking where I was from. As I stood there with my jaw on the floor wondering why it wasn't completely obvious, one of the more intelligent ones pointed out to her "the bloody great seagull in the middle of his chest is a bit of a clue". We just all ended up laughing at the daft bint.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Except right now, of course, where you are criticising when there is absolutely NO reason to. Our home shirt is blue and WHITE. MK Dons home shirt is WHITE. How is this decision a. surprising? b. unusual? c. avoidable? d. worth whining about?

I get the distinct impression that if you had your way there would no room for discussion, debate, or disagreement on this board. If everyone agreed with everyone else, if we all had the same opinions, if we were unable to voice a negative comment, then NSC, and the world for that matter, would be a very boring place.

And on the subject of shirt colours, our home shirt looks nothing whatsoever like a white shirt. If the shorts were a problem, then we should wear blue shorts.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Re Ugly Yellow Kit on Saturday. Have just put my order in for a large. Looking forward to a Brighton win and listening in on Player ��

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I don't think it's that bad of a kit. My favourite one was the green and black one in the first season at The Amex. We should bring back the Palookaville!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I get the distinct impression that if you had your way there would no room for discussion, debate, or disagreement on this board. If everyone agreed with everyone else, if we all had the same opinions, if we were unable to voice a negative comment, then NSC, and the world for that matter, would be a very boring place.

And on the subject of shirt colours, our home shirt looks nothing whatsoever like a white shirt. If the shorts were a problem, then we should wear blue shorts.

Even when we play a team in red, we wear our away kit. As I tried to explain in my first post on this thread, we have a home kit and an away kit.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
253bd2f26fc860b34e8e529b716dc5a7.jpg

I think our change strip should always be yellow with blue trim. But this style. Not a fan of day glow shirts at all.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No we didn't - we played in volt there.

We did play in blue and white at Hull.

All the highlights are available on seagulls player to check.

So, Mr Thunder Bolt who says we always wear our away kit for away games, why did we wear blue and white at Hull. And if we wore it at Hull why not at MK? There would be a far greater body of colour in the away end if we had stuck with the stripes as far far more supporters have the blue kit items than have yellow. As it is there will be a mixture of yellow and blue. Confusing ... and not making such a bold statement as blue would have done.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
253bd2f26fc860b34e8e529b716dc5a7.jpg

I think our change strip should always be yellow with blue trim. But this style. Not a fan of day glow shirts at all.

I know we have to have an away kit and yellow is good as it is not the home kit of too many teams. THIS is a great kit. Plenty of yellow, but also a decent dose of blue ... Albion's colour!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some of the kit clashes in recent seasons have made it difficult to differentiate the teams. At Withdean v Rochdale I think it was and recently v Sheff Wed to name 2 I would think the answer is to insist that all teams have a 3rd or 2nd strip that is either a shade of yellow or all white with perhaps the clubs colour as edging , in our case blue.. This would remove any kit clash problems.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
t all teams have a 3rd or 2nd strip that is either a shade of yellow or all white with perhaps the clubs colour as edging , in our case blue.. This would remove any kit clash problems.

Tell that to Leeds...., or Norwich?

Personally, I rather like the volt kit, it shows well on tv and the numbers are easily seen.....but I would never want to wear the colour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here