Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ugly yellow kit on Saturday

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why are we not wearing our stripes on Saturday. Biggest away crowd for a very long time and the club urging fans to wear "the colours". Well "the colours", our colours, are blue and white and if the club wants to have a good showing of club colours we shouldn't be playing in that ugly yellow stuff.

Seems to me to be no more than a cynical marketing ploy to sell more yellow shirts. My guess that we have a lot left over as the end of the season nears and some clever clogs markeing person said: "I know, lets play in yellow at MK where we are expecting the biggest away following of the season and urge fans to buy yellow shirts which we'll offer at a small discount. That should shift them".

At the risk of repeating myself, we are a blue and white team and should wear the colours that the club and its fans identify with at EVERY opportunity, only wearing the second strip when there's a clash. Why would any sensible fan spend money on those hideous yellow or crimson shirts when they will disappear by next season and you will be left with a shirt which has no ongoing connection with the club you support?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How do you think we pay for players? I don't like yellow but appreciate that we have a home kit and an away kit. All the time Tony Bloom is putting £10million of his own money into the club every year to make up the shortfall, we will have any marketing 'ploy' available.

It isn't ugly, and I believe it does help the players with their passing in evening games under the floodlights, because it is so bright.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I love it. We glow in the dark,we glow in the darrrrrrk, we're Brighton and Hove Albion, we glow in the dark.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
it is a hideous shirt, but if the majority of the 7000 are wearing it tomorrow it will look very cool in side the stadium.

I'll be wearing mine to add to the colour of the occasion.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
How do you think we pay for players? I don't like yellow but appreciate that we have a home kit and an away kit. All the time Tony Bloom is putting £10million of his own money into the club every year to make up the shortfall, we will have any marketing 'ploy' available.

It isn't ugly, and I believe it does help the players with their passing in evening games under the floodlights, because it is so bright.

All money for players comes from selling kits?

We must shift a lot of shirts.

D

Deleted member 2719

How do you think we pay for players?
I believe it does help the players with their passing in evening games under the floodlights, because it is so bright.

Blimey new scoop, players in bad eye sight shocker!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Am I the only person to have noticed that MK Dons play in WHITE with dark shorts? Pretty good reason for us not to be wearing blue and WHITE, with blue shorts.

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Away kits aren't exactly new. Albion are blue and white but the yellow away kit has been around for some time too in various guises and on and off too. Personally I always preferred the red and black stripes but who can forget Jimmy Case with the the thunderbolt against Sheffield Weds :) at Highbury all in yellow? So there is some tradition and great moments associated with it too.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why would any sensible fan spend money on those hideous yellow or crimson shirts when they will disappear by next season and you will be left with a shirt which has no ongoing connection with the club you support?

But it's the gift that keeps on giving in our risk free elf & safety culture. Cycling, running, numerous jobs, children leaving the school for any reason all require a high vis presence to avoid imminent death. Expect it will become a compulsory item of clothing as soon as you leave your house in the not to distant future so why not have something with our beloved emblem?! I for one thank BHAFC for thinking of my safety as I travel too and from matches.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Where is El Presidente when you need him for Hard facts.

You rang M'Lud?

Revenue 2015.PNG

Sales of kit and merchandise brought in about £1.2 million last season, approximately 5% of total income for the club.

The reason why the Nike sales were lower than the previous season (with Errea) was that we were frankly, pants, and fewer people wanted to be seen in town in the stripes with 'Colunga', 'O'Grady' or 'Agustien' on their backs, or rifling through the bins outside Bargain Booze with a Paddy McCourt training top in hand for that authentic feel.

The success or otherwise on the park does have a correlation with merchandise sales.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are we not wearing our stripes on Saturday. Biggest away crowd for a very long time and the club urging fans to wear "the colours". Well "the colours", our colours, are blue and white and if the club wants to have a good showing of club colours we shouldn't be playing in that ugly yellow stuff.

Seems to me to be no more than a cynical marketing ploy to sell more yellow shirts. My guess that we have a lot left over as the end of the season nears and some clever clogs markeing person said: "I know, lets play in yellow at MK where we are expecting the biggest away following of the season and urge fans to buy yellow shirts which we'll offer at a small discount. That should shift them".

At the risk of repeating myself, we are a blue and white team and should wear the colours that the club and its fans identify with at EVERY opportunity, only wearing the second strip when there's a clash. Why would any sensible fan spend money on those hideous yellow or crimson shirts when they will disappear by next season and you will be left with a shirt which has no ongoing connection with the club you support?

Our colours are not Blue and White as such as that is only our home colours oiur away colours are that excellent yellow kit. Thankfully not the horrible red one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here