Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remaining fixtures

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sorry if this is getting a bit boring now, but hey I can't help myself - starting to feel as excited as a small puppy - without the wetting myself bit!

I have been perusing the final fixtures for each club and reckon each team will lose the following games:-

Burnley - Brighton
Brighton - Birmingham
Boro - Burnley
Hull - Derby

Bit of a trend, in that I believe each of the top teams will get beaten only the once and by one of the others from the top 6, except us!

Am I being too optimistic that we won't get beaten at home by either Burnley or Derby? Final game at Boro is a different kettle of fish altogether as it may be a case of sh1t or bust anyway!

Anyone see things differently?

Last edited:

el punal

Sorry if this is getting a bit boring now, but hey I can't help myself - starting to feel as excited as a small puppy - without the wetting myself bit!

I have been perusing the final fixtures for each club and reckon each team will lose the following games:-

Burnley - Brighton
Brighton - Birmingham
Boro - Burnley
Hull - Derby

Bit of a trend, in that I believe each of the top teams will get beaten only the once and by one of the others from the top 6, except us!

Am I being too optimistic that we won't get beaten at home by either Burnley or Derby? Final game at Boro is a different kettle of fish altogether as it may be a case of sh1t or bust anyway!

Anyone see things differently?

You're talking Brighton and Hove Albion here, of course it's different. We live in a parallel universe. Nothing is what it seems. What should be won't be. What's impossible could be possible.

Whatever your thoughts are on promotion put them to one side. Make yourself a cup of hot cocoa and retire to your bed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anything can happen. No point walking up and down fretting about this and that, just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
TBH, it is getting rather boring. What these posts forget is the compounding effect of statistical uncertainty. I can't be bothered to work out exactly how many games are left for top 4 then exclude games when playing each other but let's say it is 25.

Let's say then that you can predict with 70% certainty each result. Guess most people would think that reasonable. The chance then you get all 25 right is .7 to power 25, about 1 in 10,000 chance.

Not only therefore is it extremely unlikely that your predictions will be correct, but even more important, in a close race it needs only one result to be different to throw the entire prediction out.

This is why managers and players are much wiser than fans. They know they can only take a game at a time.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The more likely scenario is that we will need a draw in the final game to get automatic promotion and being a goal down get a lucky deflected goal in the last minute of injury time in the second half.
That's the Brighton way.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm excited about the season but there really isn't any point in trying to predict anything
Were it in my power to make Messrs Bruce, Karanka and Dyche have another 8 or 9 collective off-days making ridiculous decisions and influencing their teams to lose alI their matches up until we were safely promoted then I would exercise that power - but unfortunately it isn't so we'll just have to wait and hope that our team does its best and wins as many matches as it can.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This division is such that it wouldnt suprise me if we lost to MK then beat Burnley... its almost pointless speculating how results will go in this division

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm excited about the season but there really isn't any point in trying to predict anything
Were it in my power to make Messrs Bruce, Karanka and Dyche have another 8 or 9 collective off-days making ridiculous decisions and influencing their teams to lose alI their matches up until we were safely promoted then I would exercise that power - but unfortunately it isn't so we'll just have to wait and hope that our team does its best and wins as many matches as it can.

Bruce and Karanka may satisfy your expectations - here's hoping! :clap2:

But Dyche won't make ridiculous decisions. I could tell you now what the Burnley team will be at Brighton, barring injury. The team is fixed, so if we foul it up it won't be from tactical changes or other messing about with the side.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bruce and Karanka may satisfy your expectations - here's hoping! :clap2:

But Dyche won't make ridiculous decisions. I could tell you now what the Burnley team will be at Brighton, barring injury. The team is fixed, so if we foul it up it won't be from tactical changes or other messing about with the side.

You're not factoring in the nasty cruciate injury and the two red cards against Wolves, then?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You're not factoring in the nasty cruciate injury and the two red cards against Wolves, then?

We know plenty about cruciate injuries - 5 in 3 years. Ashley Barnes being one of them. We're not bad on red cards though - only 1 (I think) in 3 years. Ashley Barnes, step forward once more!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I, too am excited although as far as I am concerned it's auto or nothing, so if we end up in the play offs I will expect us to fail in them :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here