rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Agree wholeheartedly .

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
does the association with Guinness have anything to do with it - the opportunity to get drunk.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because it's a national day off back home so people are used to having a bit of a party wherever they now live in the world. We don't on our equivalent. If we did maybe we'd celebrate it but for starters we need to when it is! Most English have no idea when St Georges day is. Bit tricky to host a national day of celebration when no one knows the date. Besides we're a bit crap at throwing parties, just good at throwing up at em :)

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I can get pissed any night of the week don t need to celebrate something that I have no connection with what so ever. Imagine the up roar in Ireland if St Georges day was given this much exposure there would be riots

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
does the association with Guinness have anything to do with it - the opportunity to get drunk.

quite possibly....the whole paddy's day thing is driven by guinness and the irish pub industry , however there is nothing wrong with having a day of celebrations to remember your heritage in my opinion , unless you are English of course........welsh , scots , irish , swedes , latvians , eritreans , fins......etc etc etc are all perfectly free to celebrate their heritage but not us......why is that ....apathy....??

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Don t understand why its made such a big deal here.St George s day doesn t get a look in.[/QUOTE)

Probably because of the large amount of folk around you with Irish heritage and the fact that st pat was actually irish , unlike st George who was apparently from the Mediterranean ....???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
St Georges Day will be bigger in the UK this year because it clashes with the Queens 90th Birthday

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Don t understand why its made such a big deal here.St George s day doesn t get a look in.[/QUOTE)

Probably because of the large amount of folk around you with Irish heritage and the fact that st pat was actually irish , unlike st George who was apparently from the Mediterranean ....???
st Patrick was Welsh or english, he certainly wasn't Irish.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Loads of Irish pubs all around the world promote the day for a good piss up/party. Many people in many countries of many backgrounds need only the slightest excuse for a piss up/party and will happily join in.

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
Loads of Irish pubs all around the world promote the day for a good piss up/party. Many people in many countries of many backgrounds need only the slightest excuse for a piss up/party and will happily join in.

I am currently in Honalulu....they had a bloody parade along the beach front at mid day. Thought i was seeing things.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

This is the correct answer.

You could set your watch by these threads. Looking forward to one or two bleating about St George's day soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here