Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere at MK

Southwick_Seagull_

Jan 5, 2016
As the day where around 7000 Albion fans will be travelling to MK is soon approaching us, I'm sure everyone going is very excited! Personally, I find it very tedious at times singing the same old songs that just quietly fizzle out such as 'Albion,Albion'. The last few home matches these chants have been repeated on multiple occasions and are the only way that we seem to get any atmosphere from any part of the ground with the exception of the north stand. I think we should make a massive effort on Saturday to let MK know that there is 7000 travelling fans to support the team and make the players feel as if they're playing at home. So let's get it rocking behind that goal with plenty of noise and a variety of chants rather than the select few that absolutely everyone knows.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
As the day where around 7000 Albion fans will be travelling to MK is soon approaching us, I'm sure everyone going is very excited! Personally, I find it very tedious at times singing the same old songs that just quietly fizzle out such as 'Albion,Albion'. The last few home matches these chants have been repeated on multiple occasions and are the only way that we seem to get any atmosphere from any part of the ground with the exception of the north stand. I think we should make a massive effort on Saturday to let MK know that there is 7000 travelling fans to support the team and make the players feel as if they're playing at home. So let's get it rocking behind that goal with plenty of noise and a variety of chants rather than the select few that absolutely everyone knows.

I liked the "Stockdale's Magic" song at Preston :clap2:

Southwick_Seagull_

Jan 5, 2016
Well like that's what I mean new songs are good, I like that new Zamora one sung at Cardiff, the Richie towell one (I know it very doubtful he will be in squad) and the Wilson one sung on Tuesday, I think the song arsenal sing about Ozil would be very good for Knockaert too!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well like that's what I mean new songs are good, I like that new Zamora one sung at Cardiff, the Richie towell one (I know it very doubtful he will be in squad) and the Wilson one sung on Tuesday, I think the song arsenal sing about Ozil would be very good for Knockaert too!

Sadly wasn't at Cardiff, what was the new Zamora song?

Southwick_Seagull_

Jan 5, 2016
cant remember the words in full but was better than oh Bobby Zamora and the old song we had that hasn't got going since him rejoining

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

. So let's get it rocking behind that goal with plenty of noise and a variety of chants rather than the select few that absolutely everyone knows.[/QUOTE

How can we all sing new songs if we don't know them, and the reason all the same old songs are sung is because the majority know them. Where I sit in WSU, i can hardly ever hear the NS anyway, and certainly not loud enough to learn any words

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
. So let's get it rocking behind that goal with plenty of noise and a variety of chants rather than the select few that absolutely everyone knows.[/QUOTE

How can we all sing new songs if we don't know them, and the reason all the same old songs are sung is because the majority know them. Where I sit in WSU, i can hardly ever hear the NS anyway, and certainly not loud enough to learn any words

Dont worry hymn sheets will be handed out

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Atmosphere will be shit. End of story. For some bizarre reason the only group of fans left who want to sing (commendable) are the same group of dickwads who devote time and effort into singing utter shit for no reason. See perfectly well established songs about Bobby Zamora; why not sing some drivel that they've seen on YouTube instead?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'll bite. This thread is depressing.

Precisely what will work at MK will be the Albion standards. Belt them out with pride and bollocks to all the cliquey new stuff.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
With almost 7,000 there, it will be louder than at home, apart from when the whole ground sing as one, which doesn't happen a lot.

I love the old songs, and they sound best. Can't wait to belt them out on Saturday.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Exactly.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
With almost 7,000 there, it will be louder than at home, apart from when the whole ground sing as one, which doesn't happen a lot.

I love the old songs, and they sound best. Can't wait to belt them out on Saturday.
Of course the old ones are best. .they are actually songs not mindless chants with little or no substance taken from a you tube clip of some euro trash team...... plus Sloop John B of course... seemingly the answer to all ills.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We're the Right side, We're the Right side, We're the Right side Brighton Boys

We're the Left side, We're the Left side, We're the Left side Brighton Boys

:whistle:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
'We're the Upper, we're the Upper, we're the Upper and we're dry'