Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you have any interest in football outside of The Albion?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There was a thread earlier about the announcement of the England squad. I was surprised to read some comments saying they had never heard of Danny Drinkwater and Erik Dier.

I am obviously an Albion fan but I am also a football fan, interested in the wider game. I love watching the Premier League, European football etc. and take an interest in those players.

Am I in a minority?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There was a thread earlier about the announcement of the England squad. I was surprised to read some comments saying they had never heard of Danny Drinkwater and Erik Dier.

I am obviously an Albion fan but I am also a football fan, interested in the wider game. I love watching the Premier League, European football etc. and take an interest in those players.

Am I in a minority?

That'll be me then!

Nope, I'm not much of a football fan at all. It's Brighton and that's about it. I probably couldn't name more than 10 non-Albion players in the Championship without struggling.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That'll be me then!

Nope, I'm not much of a football fan at all. It's Brighton and that's about it. I probably couldn't name more than 10 non-Albion players in the Championship without struggling.

Snap but i could name more players though

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
nope, I watch BHA and that's it, especially today's football , if we had gone in those dark days I don't think I'd have bothered with football now

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That'll be me then!

Me too. I could probably name more of Man Utd's 1968 team against Benfica than the current squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, not normally, except now I am interested in the top six in the Championship

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Must admit my football knowledge tends to be limited to England/Wales and I generally can't get excited by the BPL although I'm reasonably well up on it
I know precious little and care even less about European clubs or the would-be secessionists to the north but I have a grandson who has a truly encyclopaedic knowledge of world football. Reminds me of me at his age

el punal

Am I in a minority?

No, not really. Back in the late 1970s, if the Albion were playing away, my friend and I would rock up at Fratton Park to watch Pompey lose, which was often and great fun as well!

I also admired Nottingham Forest, watched them too, when they won the League in 1978. A bit like the feeling a lot of fans have for Leicester now - new kid on the block and all that.

Nowadays there is only one team, my beloved Brighton and Hove Albion! All other clubs are irrelevant unless they have a direct influence on helping the Albion achieve success i.e. beating our rivals. I do however have a chuckle at any demise relating to Palace, Pompey and Saints!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
As a kid and probably up to 25 I was a statto and knew everything worth knowing. Now I couldn't give a toss, money has pretty much ruined the game so my only tie to the game is the Albion and playing football. I haven't watched a live Prem game for ages and would rather watch the Championship highlights than MOTD.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No, although I have a nostalgic fondness for Hull City (before they were any good).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I watch MOTD; keep an eye on ex Albion players for results, but that's the limit of my interest apart from international matches.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aye i like a bit of football. I can't say i have a deep fascination for other teams in our league, or really know who to be at all afraid of prior to being up against them, but the Premier League lot i keep an eye on and have a strong and healthy dislike for Man U, who i gladly watch losing at this very minute. I love seeing some quality play, and on most of my brief and fleeting travels i try and get the girlfriend to agree to going to a game to get a flavour of the atmosphere and culture and style of that club and its fans. England i'll watch at times, on the box, but i don't have a feel for them, so won't open anything to do with squad selections or much of their internal dramas.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I think as you grow older it doesn't mean that much .Now up until Football began in 1992 facts and figures and stats i knew it all ,now i'd struggle to name the last 5 FA Cup Finals. Visiting new Football Grounds now thats a different matter . Give me a 3rd Division game in Europe and i'm made up .

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That'll be me then!

Same here.

I couldn't name many Premier League players at all, and would totally fail at naming players who play outside of England.
I love playing more than I do watching/following.

savanah

Jul 24, 2007
16 Parkside Lane
I like watching football at all levels.If i pull up at traffic lights by a park when theres a game on and one team is attacking or gets a corner I watch.if walking through a park during a match I have watched the whole game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here