Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg

Ian Holloway previews the Football League action

Ian Holloway previews the Football League action and tips table-topping Burnley to pull clear of Middlesbrough and Hull.
Middlesbrough v Hull - Friday, 7.45pm, Sky Sports 1 HD
This a tough one to predict. I've backed Hull all season to gain automatic promotion but have they got what it takes to beat a Middlesbrough side that has Aitor Karanka back at the helm? I hope the issues with Karanka don't hang over Boro,
389.png
253.png

[h=3]M'boro vs Hull City[/h]
March 18, 2016, 7:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

I hope they come back fighting. Sometimes you need conflict at a club, you have to be able to say what you feel, but I have never seen a manager prevented from taking charge of a game. It was a strange situation. I'll be at the Riverside on Friday and I expect a tight game with little between the two sides.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/2)
Derby v Nottingham Forest - Saturday, 12.30pm, Sky Sports 1 HD
I'd love to be at the iPro for this one, it's all set up to be a fantastic game. With managerless Forest coming to town, this should be a perfect opportunity for Derby to boost their bid for promotion. It's a must-win game for Derby, defeat could throw their aspirations this season right out of kilter.
295.png
522.png

[h=3]Derby vs N Forest[/h]
March 19, 2016, 12:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

Forest will be hoping to repeat their victory from last season and throw a spanner in the works of their big rivals. It will be interesting to see whether Harry Redknapp's appointment has an immediate impact on the field, he usually lifts people and Derby have got to get going again after throwing away points against Rotherham.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 9/2)
Burnley v Wolves - Saturday, 3pm
I'm glad I'm not taking any team to Burnley at the minute, they look relentless. The players have got the bit between their teeth. I read a great interview with Ben Mee where he said the players were relishing the race for promotion having been there before, and you can see that in their performances.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights from the John Smith’s Stadium as Huddersfield took on Burnley in the Sky Bet Championship

Everyone at the club, from top to bottom, is buying into the philosophy. Sean Dyche has the backing and trust of the club because he has done it before. They've spent really well too. Joey Barton has been a revelation, I watched him last week and he co-ordinated every aspect of the team. I can't see Burnley wobbling at all.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 11/2)
Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton - Saturday, 3pm
Wednesday will have too much for Charlton. I was pleased with the way Charlton played against Boro last week in what was a strange game. There were whistles going off left, right and centre, beach balls all over the place - it's a shame they popped them all otherwise I'd have taken one home for my grandson!
beach-balls-charlton_3430710.jpg
beach-balls-charlton_3430710.jpg

A fan protest using beach balls disrupted Charlton's game with Middlesbrough

I really like what Wednesday are doing at the moment, they play the game brilliantly and they'll be in the play-offs come May. They are looking over their shoulder at the moment because the form of teams like Cardiff, and that's why I see them winning here.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-1 (Sky Bet odds 11/1)
Leeds v Huddersfield - Saturday, 3pm
I've been impressed with Leeds in recent weeks. After watching them lose 4-0 at Brighton, they've come up with performances I didn't think they had in them. Steve Evans is doing a great job and I expect him to carry that on.
mirco-antenucci-leeds-cardiff_3428419.jpg
mirco-antenucci-leeds-cardiff_3428419.jpg

Micro Antenucci backed to impress again for Leeds

I'm yet to see the full extent of the impact David Wagner is having at Huddersfield, but they've had some encouraging results recently. Elland Road is a tough place to go at the best of times, but this new-found spirit and form surrounding Leeds will make it tough for the Terriers.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 6/1)
MK Dons v Brighton - Saturday, 3pm
I fear for the Dons here, I really do. They keep on surprising me this season but, with Brighton travelling to stadiummk, I can only see one winner.

Highlights of Brighton's 1-0 win over Reading in the Sky Bet Championship

Brighton are on the march while MK Dons have been caught up in this storm from Cheltenham. They have produced some encouraging displays recently but I can't see past the Seagulls.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/2)
Ipswich v Rotherham - Saturday, 3pm
I fancy Ipswich to maintain their charge for the play-offs here. Neil Warnock has worked wonders at Rotherham, particularly their late comeback against Derby. I did not see that coming!

Highlights from New York Stadium as Rotherham faced Derby in the Sky Bet Championship

Having said that, Portman Road is a tough place to go at the minute. This game could easily go the other way given the nature of the Championship, but I just fancy Mick McCarthy's men to make a late gallop towards the top six with a win.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 5/1)
Reading v Cardiff - Saturday, 3pm
Cardiff are really rallying behind their manager now, as they should be doing, and it's going to take a lot to stop them on current form. It was a revelation putting Anthony Pilkington through the middle, he has been fantastic.
anthony-pilkington-cardiff-city-brighton-hove-albion-and-championship-goal-celeb_3418699.jpg
anthony-pilkington-cardiff-city-brighton-hove-albion-and-championship-goal-celeb_3418699.jpg

Anthony Pilkington has been a revelation leading Cardiff's attack

Reading are still in the process of rebuilding having lost Nick Blackman this season - it's been difficult for Brian McDermott. Cardiff tend to go under the radar - they're a stealth bomber, you've got to watch out for them! They're right in the promotion mix and they'll only strength that claim here.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 10/1)
Wigan v Bradford - League One, Saturday, 3pm
Wigan are on the march, not in terms results but in terms of displays. Three draws on the spin might look a team that are struggling, but they're well placed for promotion in the table and I fancy them to get back to winnings ways against a good Bradford side.

Highlights from the Western Homes Community stadium as Colchester faced Wigan in Sky Bet League Two

OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 7/1)
Stevenage v Northampton - League Two, Saturday, 3pm
Northampton are having an unbelievable season in League Two. Stevenage always pose a threat, though, and I see them opening the scoring at home. But, such is Northampton's form, they'll come from behind and win this one.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 15/2)

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here