Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinkwater in England squad

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
For the first time in a while the England squad has got me excited, can't argue with to many of the players in it except maybe Walcott and Cahill

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Some flair in that lot

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Decent squad that. Interesting to see who Rooney will replace once he is fit though. I guess Walcott as I wouldn't drop any of the other forwards there

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Good squad, I only dislike a couple of the players which makes a big change.

The crop of players might get me actually liking England again

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not one Palace player. Twitter will be in meltdown,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not one Palace player. Twitter will be in meltdown,

Presumably both Zaha and Bolasie have taken their options to play for Brazil instead.

Interested to hear how many of these [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] has never heard of. I'd not heard of Drinkwater, Bertrand, Rose nor Walker until now, and I couldn't have told you who Dier plays for.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Presumably both Zaha and Bolasie have taken their options to play for Brazil instead.

Interested to hear how many of these [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] has never heard of. I'd not heard of Drinkwater, Bertrand, Rose nor Walker until now, and I couldn't have told you who Dier plays for.

Zaha and Bolasie are in training for the Olympics... in the diving event. (Boom Tish)

I'll get my coat.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Decent squad that. Interesting to see who Rooney will replace once he is fit though. I guess Walcott as I wouldn't drop any of the other forwards there

Kane & Vardy upfront, based on form IMO.. Given Rooneys season he'd just be being picked because he captain and on reputation

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Interested to hear how many of these @Buzzer has never heard of. I'd not heard of Drinkwater, Bertrand, Rose nor Walker until now, and I couldn't have told you who Dier plays for.

The ones I've not heard of are highlighted. I make that 10.

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke City), Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross Barkley (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Of the others I've heard of that I'd be able to identify from a photo: Hart, Milner, Walcott. The others... I've certainly heard of them but that's it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here