Stan Bowles

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am sure I put a thread on here ages ago about this
it is very sad he was a talented footballer but flawed in many other ways though

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Great footy player had a sticker of him in an England kit on my wardrobe
When I was about 7/8

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An Era of great football entertainers, and players who hold my fondest memories of football .... George Best, Alan Hudson, Stan Bowles, Rodney Marsh

Flairtastic

Not forgetting Peter Osgood and Frank Worthington

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Loved it when his gun accidentally went off on Superstars.

Apparently he'd gone out and got hammered the night before.

Total legend - makes Carruthers and his pathetic Cheltenham mates look exactly what they are

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The great shame for English football,is that none of the above players, achieved more than 17caps
Tony Currie - 17
Alan Hudson - 2 caps
Stan Bowles - 5 caps
Rodney Marsh - 9 caps
Frank Worthington - 8caps
Peter Osgood - 4 caps

A special mention for our own (and everyone elses) Frank Worthington, 20 different clubs in a career stretching from 1966 to 1991

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Or Duncan McKenzie

That Mini stunt would go down well today.

106526788.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As a fresh-faced 16 year old economic migrant straight off the train from Scotland IN 1970, with no initial connection to Brighton, I used to cherry-pick London matches purely on entertainment value. West Ham were always first pick, obviously, but if they were away from home then it was unfashionable QPR for me , simply down to having the chance to watch the magician that was Rodney Marsh at work. Was gutted when they sold him in 1972. Assumed it marked the end of my QPR-watching days . Then f*ck me if they didn't go straight on out and spend the transfer money on Stan Bowles! :clap:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
As a fresh-faced 16 year old economic migrant straight off the train from Scotland IN 1970, with no initial connection to Brighton, I used to cherry-pick London matches purely on entertainment value. West Ham were always first pick, obviously, but if they were away from home then it was unfashionable QPR for me , simply down to having the chance to watch the magician that was Rodney Marsh at work. Was gutted when they sold him in 1972. Assumed it marked the end of my QPR-watching days . Then f*ck me if they didn't go straight on out and spend the transfer money on Stan Bowles! :clap:

We'll never see their like again! Is there anyone in the modern game that comes close to these entertainers/characters/free spirits??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here