Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.i.p. Cliff michelmore

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
R.I.P. Cliff Michelmore.
Lovely man, often used to see him around town in Reigate, when we lived there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect those of us old enough to remember him are surprised that he was still alive :(
When I heard it on the radio this morning I had two clear memories come to mind - the Holiday programme and Aberfan. Tribute to his versatility.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Cliff

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mrs Michelmore lived in Haywards Heath in a terrace victorian cottage in Milton Road which was replaced by Milton Hose office Block and now being converted to Flats/apartments she was related to Cliff.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suspect those of us old enough to remember him are surprised that he was still alive :(
When I heard it on the radio this morning I had two clear memories come to mind - the Holiday programme and Aberfan. Tribute to his versatility.

Aberfan will always stand out as a horrific tragedy. It was reported this morning that it affected Cliff Michelmore very much too. He was a very professional broadcaster.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As others, surprised to think he was still alive.

But, being 62, he was always around on the radio and the television as I grew up, and always eminently watchable and listenable to. The words "consummate professional" get bandied around sometimes, but he really was.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Aberfan will always stand out as a horrific tragedy. It was reported this morning that it affected Cliff Michelmore very much too. He was a very professional broadcaster.

My late uncle was on one of the first fire crews to arrive at the scene as he was stationed in Merthyr Tydfil. He never talked about it apart from an unguarded moment when he told my dad that he got flashbacks every time he went to a rugby match and heard the ref's whistle. This was the signal that another body had been located We are planning to go to the 50th anniversary commemoration as his representative.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My late uncle was on one of the first fire crews to arrive at the scene as he was stationed in Merthyr Tydfil. He never talked about it apart from an unguarded moment when he told my dad that he got flashbacks every time he went to a rugby match and heard the ref's whistle. This was the signal that another body had been located We are planning to go to the 50th anniversary commemoration as his representative.
My mother in law lived in Manchester at the time, she drove down to help with the digging. Poor kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here