Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Paul Daniels

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What a horrible year. As you get older, you almost think that people you grew up with stay the same as you remember them. From Bowie to Michelmore, paul Daniels, Frank Findlay .....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What a horrible year. As you get older, you almost think that people you grew up with stay the same as you remember them. From Bowie to Michelmore, paul Daniels, Frank Findlay .....

absolutely this
RIP Paul

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Weirdly, I thought I'd heard this news a few weeks ago. Was that an announcement that he was ill?

Edit. Just seen there was a thread a month ago saying he was terminally ill, perhaps I just mis-heard that at the time.

RIP Paul.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He was a true great. First magician to properly bring magic to the telly. A pioneer for wizards.

Poor Debbie :down:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Weirdly, I thought I'd heard this news a few weeks ago. Was that an announcement that he was ill?

Yep, he was diagnosed recently with an incurable brain tumour so it was sadly only a matter of time.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
RIP - I used to live just down the road from him. Was good mates with his nephew for a short time.

Met him when I was a kid once or twice (no jokes please), very nice fella

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
He was a true great. First magician to properly bring magic to the telly. A pioneer for wizards.

RIP Mr Daniels, but the first?

What about David Nixon? Or even Tommy Cooper?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
RIP Mr Daniels, but the first?

What about David Nixon? Or even Tommy Cooper?

Okay but he was on mainstream television with some proper magic for 15 years. No one else had done that.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I was lagging in a pub with some mates and saw Phil Daniels the actor in there (Jimmy from quadrophenia), I bowled over to him , went 'your Phil Daniels ' , he went yeah I am , I then turned round, gave a stupid drunken grin to my mates and loudly said ' show us some card tricks then ' ,to be fair he laughed, cool story I know.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yep, he was diagnosed recently with an incurable brain tumour so it was sadly only a matter of time.
Sounds exactly the same as my dad that sadly passed away in October, diagnosed in August with a rare brain tumour, doctors gave him 6 months but sadly 6 weeks later was taken from us

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sounds exactly the same as my dad that sadly passed away in October, diagnosed in August with a rare brain tumour, doctors gave him 6 months but sadly 6 weeks later was taken from us

Very sorry to see this. Met your dad briefly a couple of times at the Amex....lovely man.

PM sent.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
RIP Mr Daniels

he was very,very good at what he did

and sounds like a right character too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here