Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ROSENIOR REMAINING GROUNDED

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion's defender on moving up to second and being an experienced player in the squad.

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Liam Rosenior is refusing to get carried away after the side moved into the top two in the Championship with victory over Reading last night.
James Wilson’s first-half strike was enough to claim a 1-0 win over the Royals and leapfrog both Middlesbrough and Hull City - the latter being held to a 1-1 draw by Nottingham Forest.
Rosenior said, “It means nothing [going second], it doesn't mean anything until 46 games are played.
“We're in a really good position but so are Burnley, Hull and Middlesbrough. All we've got to do is concentrate on every game.
“It sounds like a boring cliche when players and managers say that, but the only reason we keep repeating it is because it’s true. If you look too far ahead, you become unstuck; we now have a really big game at MK Dons and hopefully we can get the three points there.
“I won't get excited until the 7th of May, if we've done it. I've been in this situation before and you need calm heads and you need people who can deal with pressure.
“The longer it goes on, the more pressure that teams are going to be under and it's the ones that cope with the expectation who are the ones that normally get promoted.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The full-back hailed the experienced players in the squad and believes the likes of himself, Bobby Zamora and Steve Sidwell could play a big role at this stage of the season.
“I think that's why I was brought to the club, we've got a lot of experienced players here.
“Bobby Zamora and Steve Sidwell have been there and done it. When you’re in that situation, you can pass on little tips and keep the lads’ feet on the floor because we haven't achieved anything yet.
“We've had a really good season up to this point but we don't want to throw it all away now. The only way we can do that is by keeping our feet on the floor and going game by game.”
Rosenior is now relishing Saturday’s trip to MK Dons, which is due to see the largest contingent of Albion away fans at a game this season.
“It's going be fantastic; they've said there's 7,000 going and it just shows not just the excitement among the players and the staff here but the whole club, the fans, the community.
“It's a really community orientated football club, and it seems like everyone's getting behind us now. I don't thinks fans realise how important their support is and if we can keep playing well, then we've made them happy at the end of the season.”[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V QPR
[/h]TUESDAY 19TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here