Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mildura. Australia.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Outback town on the Murray River, darling. If your going there, Drive 200 miles north to have a look at Broken Hill. Brilliant old mining town in a great desert landscape.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Has some great restaurants I think. Some Melbourne friends of mine spend a lot of time there for work and seem to enjoy themselves there

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Outback town on the Murray River, darling. If your going there, Drive 200 miles north to have a look at Broken Hill. Brilliant old mining town in a great desert landscape.

I was stuck there for a week once.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Any NSC user have any decent info ?

I did pass through there late at night once. Provincial Victoria town. A bit like spending time in an outback Uckfield.

However, if you like your wines...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I picked grapes in the suburb of Red Cliffs for a couple of months in 1986. It gets bloody hot in Mildura.

The RSL use to have the longest bar in the world.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Very much a remote big town. Hot and dusty and full of characters (bogans and rednecks). I lived somewhere similar for about 5 years, albeit much smaller place and absolutely hated it.

Interesting for a visit but i would consider carefully before taking the plunge and moving there.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I want to watch them again. I can't fully remember them. Wasn't that one Mr 'Neighbours' Guy Pearce.

Yes.

Ironically I hadn't seen the film until I returned from Australia in the 90s. A friend put it on one night and I realised that many of the places they went to were places that I had visited. There was no exaggeration in portrayal either.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My family are from up that way. Not an area for soft cry babies to live.

You'll spend most of your time whinging about how hot it is, the red dust and the flies if you don't have a real mans constitution.

It's grown a lot of the last 30 years though and getting bigger with a lot of the out lying small towns dying out.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
http://madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-2-the-road-warrior/filming-locations/index.html
Mad Max 2 was filmed on roads in the Broken Hill/Silverton area. A Mad Max museum is in Silverton and the Silverton Hotel. excellent round there, isn't it. Corrugated iron at its best.

It is excellent, we went there whilst backpacking, I wanted to break away from the typical backpacker tourist traps and broken hill was on the train on the way from Perth back to Sydney..The Mad Max museum was really good.. It was a while ago I went there (2003, I think). It was a one man show. The guy was an extra in the film and is really enthusiastic. He takes you around the museum himself, has various quips and comments about the film and filming, well worth the couple of dollars..
Also the Castlemaine XXXX advert, "I can see the pub from here" was also filmed somewhere nearby..

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I had to go there to collect a car when I was working for Ford in Melbourne. Now that's an interesting fact.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My family are from up that way. Not an area for soft cry babies to live.

You'll spend most of your time whinging about how hot it is, the red dust and the flies if you don't have a real mans constitution.

It's grown a lot of the last 30 years though and getting bigger with a lot of the out lying small towns dying out.

My apologies TB, no offence intended. Just my view of my experiences.

To add a little balance I met some top people also (my in-laws to name but a few) and went to Uni with a fair few people from Mildura all who were also top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here