Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro and Albion for autos according to Teesside Gazette

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting, but life doesn't work like that. It seems to ignore that both teams were on great runs when they played those nine matches before.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This'll do me. I know we're all clutching at straws and nothing is predictable in this league.

How the Championship table will finish if Middlesbrough FC and rivals replicate previous results against remaining opponents

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-championship-table-finish-middlesbrough-11049175?

Deary me. Talk about desparation there. I get the premise but it's massively flawed (interesting nevertheless)
Burnley will almost certainly have 77 points after Saturday. What, so they're going to net a total of SIX points from their remaining eight games, are they? Yeah, ok.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
That has Burnley picking up only 9 more points all season! Interesting that they only picked up 1 point per game from those opponents earlier in the season - implies they have a tough run in? - but I'm sure they'll do better than that.

I can't help thinking that this is a prediction along the lines of "I expect the next 36 tosses of this coin will deliver exactly the same results as the 36 tosses of the same coin produced back in 2015".

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That has Burnley picking up only 9 more points all season! Interesting that they only picked up 1 point per game from those opponents earlier in the season - implies they have a tough run in? - but I'm sure they'll do better than that.

When you read the article it in fact shows that Burnley will only win 1 more game this season and that there last game against Charlton - hhmmm, definitely wishful thinking.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Burnley have had a run of easy games lately, they also only got one game left against the bottom third:

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 18.36.45.png

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'd take that, but obviously not a hope in hell of happening like that though.
Can't see Burnley drawing that many.

Yoda

English & European
The thing is, I can see us potentially ending on 86 points anyway. Swap the Brum & QPR results and that is what I feel we can achieve.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I can't help thinking that this is a prediction along the lines of "I expect the next 36 tosses of this coin will deliver exactly the same results as the 36 tosses of the same coin produced back in 2015".

And that those flipping the coins are tossers :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't be arsed with all these predictors, they're dull as WCP.

Wouldn't be great though if we could go up to Boro in a Southampton v Spurs 1978 situation - both teams just needing a point to secure promotion and squeeze the others out. Cue a 2 hour party in the stands while the two teams pass it round the back, barely crossing halfway line.

That would be GREAT fun :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here