Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains For Derby Match - 2nd May

el punal

Well would you believe it! Not only are us true Albion fans inconvenienced, yet again, with another fixture change but the the rail network are doing their damnedest to shaft us as well.

I've just checked the following, Southern trains, Trainline, Network Rail, for information about train travel for that day. In particular from Southampton to Brighton. There appears to be no service at all on Southern's west coast mainline (!!). To get to Brighton (from Southampton) you are advised to go to Waterloo then London Bridge then onto Brighton!

The ridiculous point to all of this is there is absolutely no mention of any engineering work between Southampton and Brighton. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the hell is going on please? :rant:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well would you believe it! Not only are us true Albion fans inconvenienced, yet again, with another fixture change but the the rail network are doing their damnedest to shaft us as well.

I've just checked the following, Southern trains, Trainline, Network Rail, for information about train travel for that day. In particular from Southampton to Brighton. There appears to be no service at all on Southern's west coast mainline (!!). To get to Brighton (from Southampton) you are advised to go to Waterloo then London Bridge then onto Brighton!

The ridiculous point to all of this is there is absolutely no mention of any engineering work between Southampton and Brighton. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the hell is going on please? :rant:
Lies! There's one train from worthing to Brighton at 5.02!

More worried about east of Brighton where there are no alternatives and where the stadium lies.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
To get to Brighton (from Southampton) you are advised to go to Waterloo then London Bridge then onto Brighton!

...and it has to be London Bridge, not Victoria, as there are engineering works stopping the Victoria trains. All us London-based Seagulls and a couple of thousand Derby fans adding to the bank holiday crowd, fewer trains than there should be anyway... come and join the fun, el punal, what could possibly go wrong?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
No trains from BTN to FMR that day either according to National Rail Enquiries!

If that is true, and it stays that way, that is shambolic. However I can't believe it will stay that way. Remember the boxing day matches were called off due to lack of trains so doubt this go ahead without the trains being agreed. It probably just hasn't filtered into the system yet.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Remember the boxing day matches were called off due to lack of trains so doubt this go ahead without the trains being agreed. It probably just hasn't filtered into the system yet.

Indeed, but it was the football that had to give way, not Southern Rail. With Sky wanting the game, surely it has to go ahead? If so, we're relying on Southern being more accommodating than they were in December...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No trains from BTN to FMR that day either according to National Rail Enquiries!

I reckon they've not uploaded the timetables yet, as it's a Bank Holiday.

There are no engineering works listed currently which would indicate no train services on that day around Sussex.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here