Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosie Redknapp has gone to Derby......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35814380

Former Tottenham and West Ham manager Harry Redknapp has joined Derby County as a football advisor.

The 69-year-old will work alongside head coach Darren Wassall until the end of the season, when a review of the club's coaching structure will occur.

Derby sacked previous head coach Paul Clement in February and appointed Wassall until the end of the season.

The Rams are fifth in the Championship, seven points adrift of an automatic promotion place.

Redknapp, who has been out of work since leaving QPR in January 2015, told the club website: "From the first conversation I had with the chairman (Mel Morris) it was clear he has exciting plans for the football club.

"I am delighted to be able to help out and am looking forward to working with Darren and his team."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Derby Way. Who knows what they know? The Redknapp legend grows.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So to summarise...

They bring Paul Clement in in the summer, give him £25m to spend, bin him off 7 months later when they're 5 points off automatic (saying promotion was "not the primary target"), put the Academy Director in charge of the 1st team, who then asks for help in the form of a mentor. So now Harry arrives as a "football advisor" (not as Director of Football of course, cos 'Arry is already on record as saying they're shit). You couldn't make it up.

FANTASTIC planning by the Derby chairman and board this season. Well done everyone. :lolol:

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
hdffhd copy.png

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't I hear he was also going to do a bit of work for Jordan (that bit of land near Israel, not the model formerly know as Katie Price).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Didn't I hear he was also going to do a bit of work for Jordan (that bit of land near Israel, not the model formerly know as Katie Price).

Maybe you're getting confused with Petra, which is his other dog / offshore bank account?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And just like that, Darren Wassall's fledgling managerial career was over before it even started, lost forever in the maelstrom of hype generated by the ever-quotable Mr Redknapp & his army of media chums.

Poor old Darren.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here