Hemed
Zamora

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd have Baldock and Hemed up front. Not sure I have confidence in Wilson enough to persevere and produce the goods on a regular basis.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong

Rosenior
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson
Baldock

Subs :

Maenpaa
Greer
Sidwell
Knockeart
Lua Lua
Hemed
Zamora

This. MKD are sort of team that will seek to snuff out Knocky. He seems less effective away. Wilson deserves another start, probably there is at least an understanding with Man U that he gets game time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I would go:
Stockdale
Bruno..Goldson..Dunk..Bong
Knockhaert...Rosenior...Kayal...Murphy
Baldock...Wilson.
Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Sidwell, Hemed, Lua Lua, Skalak, BZ or Stephens​

I'd go with that back 4 ..but LR in centre midfield? Hmm! Wide yes as he finished last night (can't c him being benched) but the problem is who takes the other wide spot ..Murphy looked off his recent high standard and Knockers isent so effective away from home ...also if u have say 2 wide men on the bench who gets left out of the squad ..tricky

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Stockdale
Bruno-----Goldson-----Dunk-----Bong
Knockaert--Stephens--Kayal--Murphy
Hemed----Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Rosenior, Sidwell, Skalak, LuaLua, Wilson.

Dons have only scored more than one goal in 4/18 home matches so I've gone with the team that put 4 past Leeds and Bristol (aside from the change at LB).

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I would go:
Stockdale
Bruno..Goldson..Dunk..Bong
Knockhaert...Rosenior...Kayal...Murphy
Baldock...Wilson.
Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Sidwell, Hemed, Lua Lua, Skalak, BZ or Stephens​

So you banged on about how LR is not a natural left back (despite him playing LB on a regular basis), yet you think he should play in central midfield instead of both Stephens and Sidwell?

CM is arguably the most important position on the park, and you think LR should start there having never (to my knowledge) played in that position before?

Bizarre.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale

Bruno
Rosenior
Dunk
Goldson

Kayal
Stephens
Knockaert
Lua Lua

Hemed
Wilson

Murphy has started to look a bit tired the last couple of weeks and with International duty coming up could do with a rest in my opinion.
And I think Wilson is far more likely to get us a goal than Baldock so would go with him on this occasion.
The rest pick themselves really.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
FWIW, I'd go with:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Rosenior

Knockhaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Baldock
Hemed

Considering our other remaining fixtures, it's a 'must win' if we are serious about getting into the autos.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really think there are two decisions to be made does Bong come in for Rosenior and does Hemed come back for Wilson.

I'd have Hemed back in and I just think Bong is too good to leave out which may mean an undeserved benching for Liam.

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Bong

Murphy
kayal
Stephens
Knockaert

Hemed
Baldock

subs
Maenpaa
Rosenior
Greer
Kaz
Wilson
Skalek
Zamora (if fit)
Sidwell

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
5 clean sheets and some want Bong to come into the side........we all know he is a good full back but come on we can't be thinking of changing the back 4 just yet.

This only makes sense if Rosenior moves to right midfield, I can see this happening against Burnley at home but not this one.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd start the team that started last night.

For all of Wilson's faults and naivety, he's shown an ability to score goals and be composed that I just don't see in our other strikers, plus he has more pace on the counter than Hemed has. His and Baldock's movement away from home could be key.

Wouldn't even contemplate changing a back five that has kept 5 clean sheets in 5.

We don't have a game until the 2nd of April after this, so plenty of time for rest too, so play the strongest side i.e. don't drop Stephens, Kayal, Knocky or Murphy either.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'd start the team that started last night.

For all of Wilson's faults and naivety, he's shown an ability to score goals and be composed that I just don't see in our other strikers, plus he has more pace on the counter than Hemed has. His and Baldock's movement away from home could be key.

Wouldn't even contemplate changing a back five that has kept 5 clean sheets in 5.

We don't have a game until the 2nd of April after this, so plenty of time for rest too, so play the strongest side i.e. don't drop Stephens, Kayal, Knocky or Murphy either.

Yep, same side as last night.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I'd have Hemed in for Wilson.
I'd also seriously consider putting Bong in and resting Stephens, I fear that he looks worn out - you could do that by moving Liam to RB and Bruno to CM.
I don't think CH will even consider that and the only question is Tomer vs James... We shal see but Tomer for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My thinking is that Stephens has had a few not so good games, although him with Kayal is the best central partnership jn thd division, so rest him. With Sidwell getting a knock last night who to replace him the choice is either Liam or Bruno with Liam at right back and I feel Liam could do the best job defensively thus allowing Kayal to push forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here