Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Looks like a very tough end to the season.

I'm still hoping to bring in Murray on loan but I thought if it was going to happen, he would be here by now.

Can we finish strong as we are?

1.JPG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, we shall know by next Tuesday, and put these threads to bed, one way or the other.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looks like a very tough end to the season.

I'm still hoping to bring in Murray on loan but I thought if it was going to happen, he would be here by now.

Can we finish strong as we are?

View attachment 73062

Murray Thread 1,243.
Forget it. It's never happening. It never was happening. It will not happen.

Barring injury, we have the players to get us promoted.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We don't need a loan striker. We have a top quality squad, with just a few injuries -- March, Hunemeier for just a week or so, and now maybe Sidwell. We've got JFC and Ince out on loan. The bench that CH now puts out now looks as strong or nearly as strong as the first 11 he's picking. We're leaving internationals out of the 18, and we've got four strikers with a range of qualities (and Skalak who can also fit in there).
But the most important reason why we don't need a loan striker is that we've got a quite fantastic team/squad morale and ethos, and we don't want to do anything to jeopardise that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think so....we've played as a team all season and trying to integrate someone at this stage I don't think would work ..I think CH will stick with what he's got IMHO

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely need another striker on loan. One goal in the last three games gives you a clue. Based on last night's performance we do NOT have the players to get us promoted.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Definitely need another striker on loan. One goal in the last three games gives you a clue. Based on last night's performance we do NOT have the players to get us promoted.

Tripe

In the last 10 games the top teams have scored the following:-

Burnley - 18 goals
BHA - 18 goals
Hull - 12 goals (6 of those against Charlton 10 games ago)
Derby - 12 goals
Sheffield Wednesday - 12 goals
'Boro - 10 goals

Yep, we need a loan striker, like a hole in the head...

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tripe

Burnley - 18 goals
BHA - 18 goals
Derby - 12 goals
'Boro - 10 goals

Yep, we need an loan striker, like a hole in the head...

U cud add Bro bought one of the most prolific strikers in the league....and he's struggling

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We don't need a loan striker. We have a top quality squad, with just a few injuries -- March, Hunemeier for just a week or so, and now maybe Sidwell. We've got JFC and Ince out on loan. The bench that CH now puts out now looks as strong or nearly as strong as the first 11 he's picking. We're leaving internationals out of the 18, and we've got four strikers with a range of qualities (and Skalak who can also fit in there).
But the most important reason why we don't need a loan striker is that we've got a quite fantastic team/squad morale and ethos, and we don't want to do anything to jeopardise that.

Agree with this. We're 2nd in league and got a great team spirit. Look at Boro who are trying to shoehorn Rhodes into there team and the wheels have come off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

A few more clues.
Perhaps we need as many expensive strikers as rivals Boro (13 goals in 13) , or Derby (11 goals in 13) or Hull (5 goals in last 9) .
Perhaps Albion (19 goals in 13) , 2nd in the table with 9 games to go, 1 defeat in 11 are actually struggling and Hughton must be on the phone to Bloom every 2 minutes begging for another striker to add to a squad that can't find a place for Zamora, has just seen Wilson and Baldock put in an impressive match winning performance and had Hemed (11 goals this season and 7 assists) kicking his heels. Perhaps.
Perhaps nobody thinks we have a chance. (those idiot bookmakers must think there are a lot out there mind as we're now down to only 7/4 for that most unlikely of feats.)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Reading ....a team we hadnt beaten in yonks...one was enough
SW...we created next to nothing
PNE similar but a good away point against an in form team

Would u like to talk about the 2 previous games? :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Absolutely this. We've got enough strikers. And we've got enough threads about bringing in new strikers too!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Tripe

Burnley - 18 goals
BHA - 18 goals
Derby - 12 goals
'Boro - 10 goals

Yep, we need an loan striker, like a hole in the head...

I've got to agree with [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] here.

I completely acknowledge that we've scored a bucket load in our last 10 games, but let's remember that 8 of those 18 goals were scored in just 2 games.
Spreading the other 10 goals over 8 games = 1.25 goals per game on average.

Looking at our last 3 games, we've scored 1 in 3.
Whilst our goal-tally for the past 10 games is decent, the most recent tally will likely not secure us a top 2 spot in 9 games time.

Don't get me wrong, I love our squad and in a perfect world they'd finish the job in style.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've got to agree with [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] here.

I completely acknowledge that we've scored a bucket load in our last 10 games, but let's remember that 8 of those 18 goals were scored in just 2 games.
Spreading the other 10 goals over 8 games = 1.25 goals per game on average.

Looking at our last 3 games, we've scored 1 in 3.
Whilst our goal-tally for the past 10 games is decent, the most recent tally will likely not secure us a top 2 spot in 9 games time.

Don't get me wrong, I love our squad and in a perfect world they'd finish the job in style.

You can't take 3 games in isolation and use that as evidence to prove a point, or you could take the previous 3 to these, where we scored 9 in 3 and say, "look, we are banging them in"...

As said, I can't see Chris Hughton wanting to unsettle the make up of the side he already has, just to accommodate a striker who may or may not (Rhodes) score goals.

Goals are scored as a team, not by individuals.

What's probably more important is that we haven't conceded a goal, from open play, in 8 and a half hours! Now that is something to bang on about...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's a 'no' from me. We have four strikers vying for two places and if the worst was to happen injury wise, Murphy can play up front too. Why risk altering the equilibrium right now?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here