Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great to see a fit Wilson

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I thought he put in a real shift last night. He harried everything and still looked perky as the game ended.... so different from when he first came back from being ill. He took his goal well and he'll be a real plus for the run-in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope he doesn't have any repercussions from the nasty foul on him. He took a hefty whack to his ankle, and was hobbling for the rest of the game. The clueless ref did nothing about it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Will be very handy indeed during the run in if we can get him firing.

Hemed and Wilson is my prefered pairing up front.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He finally looked fit again last night and played well. I'm sure he will contribute some more absolutely vital goals between now and season end.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great that he is back, his pace and guile worries other teams, and he is proving to be clinical in front of goal.

Only caveat from me is that he does appear to me to be a touch on the lazy side. Whereas Murphy, Knockeart and Baldock are running their arses off pressing the ball, Wilson doesn't appear to be prepared to put in that kind of graft - and to be clear, it was that pressing that knocked Reading off their game for most of the match.

So, more goals from Baldock, more working off the ball from Wilson and we're all good.:thumbsup:

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Didn't look particularly fit to me, well taken goal but his movement and pressing were poor. Good to get a full 90 under his belt, hopefully he reaches full fitness nearing the last couple of matches.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great goal, but apart from that nothing special. Nowhere near back to the form he showed in his first few games for us.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Didn't look particularly fit to me, well taken goal but his movement and pressing were poor. Good to get a full 90 under his belt, hopefully he reaches full fitness nearing the last couple of matches.
This. I thought he looked k-nackered most of the time and did half the work of the other forward players. Was amazed that he stayed on until the end.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great finish, but average game. Would argue he still doesn't quite look the threat we all hoped he would be. Suspect some of that is down to him not playing alongside a big man though, he needs that physical support.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

This. I thought he looked k-nackered most of the time and did half the work of the other forward players. Was amazed that he stayed on until the end.

Loved his "full double teapot" when the subs were made, and it wasn't him!

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Well taken goal. He is frustrating though. He seems to often drop too deep and Baldock kept having a go at him when he was trying to press the defence and Wilson should have been closing off the simple pass to the other defender. But overall I think he could be crucial for the run in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't he miss an easy chance before the goal, shooting direct at Al Habsi rather than the gaping goal either side of him!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I suspect he'd be much more effective as the player highest up - CH seems to want to play him as the deeper of the two strikers and it negates a lot of his strengths i.e. directness, pace, clinical ability in front of goal.

But I thought he played well last night and showed his class with the finish. If I'm being honest, there isn't another forward at the club who I'd want our chances falling to in the run in.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

This. Baldock deserved better support than he got. Good to take 3 points and give Wilson 90 minutes, hope it helps him kick on but Hemef back in the starting line up at MK for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here