Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton hails Wilson performance [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]By PA Sport[/h]Last Updated: 15/03/16 11:45pm

chris-hughton-brighton-hughton_3356925.jpg
chris-hughton-brighton-hughton_3356925.jpg

Brighton manager Chris Hughton has praised James Wilson's performance after Tuesday's 1-0 win.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton felt striker James Wilson produced his "best all round 90 minutes" for the Seagulls as the Manchester United loanee hit the only goal in their 1-0 home victory over Reading on Tuesday evening.
Albion's fifth win in their last six home games lifted them into second place in the Championship and an automatic promotion place and Hughton felt Wilson fully justified his recall to the team.
Wilson partnered Sam Baldock up front with Israeli international Tomer Hemed dropped to the bench and Hughton said: "I wanted to play James. It was a question of who I played alongside him.
"Bobby Zamora was not available through injury and I thought maybe Sam would complement James a bit better.
"James has bit stop-start since joining us, but he has been involved and he's getting used to the level of what the Championship is. It was a good, fast attack that led to the goal and it was James' best all round 90 minutes for us."
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights of Brighton's 1-0 win over Reading in the Sky Bet Championship

Since Brighton crashed 4-1 at Cardiff on February 20, they have won three and drawn two and kept five successive clean sheets for the first time in the league since 2004.
Hughton feels the fine run is down to a "good, hard working team" and added: "It's down to the team. You know you have to dig deep."
Albion are six points behind leaders Burnley, and one above third-placed Middlesbrough and Hughton went on: "Burnley are building up a head of steam. They are a very good team, used to this league and they've got very good players."
Reading manager Brian McDermott said he was determined that his players would not let the club's season peter out in their final 10 games.
brighton-celeb-brentford_3411352.jpg
brighton-celeb-brentford_3411352.jpg

James Wilson scored the only goal of the game - and the winner - as Brighton beat Reading

The Royals have only secured 17 points in the league from a possible 45 since McDermott took charge for the second time in mid-December after replacing Steve Clarke.
McDermott kept his side in the dressing room for an hour after the final whistle for a frank heart-to-heart exchange and said: "As a football club we want to get back to where we were. Brighton are competing to get into the Premier League and that is what we want for Reading again.
"I have talked to the players and we spoke about how Reading has been a great club over a period of time. We have been successful and we need to find that Reading identity, and always make sure games against Reading are hard, tough matches.
"But now we have talked, it is time to start doing. The players have to respond positively in the final 10 games of the season. It is about what we do now until the end of the season and I am not even thinking about next year; I am too old to be wishing my life away."
brian-mcdermott-football_3389187.jpg
brian-mcdermott-football_3389187.jpg

Brain McDermott kept his Reading players for an hour after the end of the game for a frank conversation

McDermott feels Brighton are in the automatic promotion places on merit and is striving to get his side challenging again.
He added: "There wasn't much between the sides and we had a couple of chances to have earned a point. Brighton are one of the top sides in the division and have the nous to go up automatically.
"Chris has put a good side together and they are where we want to be. We have some good, experienced players and they have to react. We are only thinking about today and our moment is now."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here