Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Position But !!!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Fantastic to be sitting around 2nd or 3rd but,

Surely CH can set the team up to make things just a bit more comfortable so we don't have to be reaching for whatever medication to see us through to the end of 'X' match.

The inability/ lack of desire to extend our lead or just to close down games is worrying and nailbiting.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yawn

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Unbelievable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is as hard as it gets and you need to accept the fact just winning is enough

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
At least 25% of the crowd thought it was comfortable - they'd left well before the end.

Weren't they just all running to get the first train home ooohh ohhh musn't miss the first train far more important than my team getting promoted to the Premier League !
Again people everywhere started leaving tonight on 62 minutes !!!!!! Incredible absolutely incredible.
Sorry but I really do not understand it, almost half an hour before the match finished.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
At this stage of the season it's purely about winning matches, and if we win ugly then that's good enough for me ! To be fair I thought CH's tactics were spot on tonight by playing the 2 small forwards because they worked their socks off and put the Reading back line under constant pressure with their pace and movement. I felt we did that all over the pitch in the first half, the tempo was good, but then I think it was simply a case that we ran out of steam as the second half went on - which was hardly surprising.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Surely CH can set the team up to make things just a bit more comfortable so we don't have to be reaching for whatever medication to see us through to the end of 'X' match.

The inability/ lack of desire to extend our lead or just to close down games is worrying and nailbiting.

You worry and bite your nails. I'll just enjoy the three points.

Next.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Funny, I thought we won the game 1 0 whilst a rival only managed a draw at home against a team that that just sacked their manager.

Cracking goal by Gardener for Forest btw.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would love us to sign Vydra that man is dangerous on a football pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Is he worth the £4m loan fee they paid ? I dont think so on tonights showing. My only concern is the number of free kicks we give away just outside the box and one of these days we will pay for it.

Those free kicks were all in the referee's mind. Having said that, it was similar to the opening game against Forest, where the ref seemed hell bent on giving them every free kick just outside of the box.

Oh, and it was £2million for the loan fee.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Those free kicks were all in the referee's mind. Having said that, it was similar to the opening game against Forest, where the ref seemed hell bent on giving them every free kick just outside of the box.

Oh, and it was £2million for the loan fee.

P,lus all of his wages and expenses. Total cost for the season estimated to be £4m hence we dropped out of the running.

el punal

4-0, 4-0, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0. Our last five results. That's 11 points from 15. That's 9 goals scored and none conceded. That is promotion form. What exactly do you want?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Fishing or clueless. That's all.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Winning against teams in the bottom half and drawing against teams in the top half of the table is a good basis for promotion.

We have a mean defence and never look like conceding many goals. I'd rather continue our current form then our February form of win by a couple of goals followed by a lose by a couple of goals.

9 more Nerve racking single goal wins will see us promoted

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here