Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stephens-l229-3007736_478x359.jpg

Dale Stephens
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 15th March 2016
by Benedict Spalding
Albion's midfielder is targeting a top-two finish.
The minimum target for us now is reaching the play-offs because we still believe we can gain automatic promotion into the Premier League."
Dale Stephens
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Dale Stephens says it is vital that the side exploit any slip-ups from their rivals in the promotion race and that securing a place in the top two is not out of reach. The 26-year-old is adamant that there will be plenty more twists and turns between now and the end of the season.He said, “We feel that things are going well around us in the table and are working in our favour, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t take advantage of it.
“We are fully focused on our job and if other clubs aren’t, then we will capitalise on that.
“There will be changes up at the top and I think it's Burnley’s to lose. There are ten games to go and a lot of points to play for; if we get the maximum points in every game then we have a great chance.
“Regardless of other results, if we can put a run together then we have a much better chance of getting promoted. It is down to us and what we do up until the end of the season.
“The minimum target for us now is reaching the play-offs because we still believe we can gain automatic promotion into the Premier League.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Stephens joined Albion in January 2014 from Charlton and feels he is playing some of the best football of his career to date under manager Chris Hughton.“My performances this year are probably at the highest I have played in my career.
“I have got five goals to my name and I would like to score more, but overall I have never played as well as I have done here.
“The early stages after joining were tough because I was at a club where I didn’t know many people. I was injured for ten months, but when I returned and for the last year-and-a-half, I have enjoyed being here more than any other club I have been at.
“I see my long-term future here at this club. The club is so ambitious and that is one of the reasons I moved here.
“We have players in the dressing room that want to play at the highest level and that is a great environment for any player to be in.”
Stephens stressed the importance of picking up another three points against Reading tonight and took little notice of their position in the bottom half of the Championship.
“The Reading match is a chance to close the gap and add three points on the table.
“It will be a very tough game; they gave us one of the toughest games of the season in the reverse fixture. From here on in, we expect every game to be difficult no matter where a team sits in the league.
“Everyone needs to stick together. We had our slip-up in and around December and hopefully there won’t be any more.”
[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY*
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V FULHAM*
[/h]FRIDAY 15TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here