Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Lennon left Bolton

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Hughton moves up one more in the list of longest serving managers.

I remember thinking he would have made a better choice for us than Hyppia, when he was appointed in October 2014. Tough gig, though, don't think he can shoulder too much blame.

PG

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tim Sherwood turned the job down according to Twitter, wonder who will end up there. Maybe a return for Freedman??

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Tim Sherwood turned the job down according to Twitter, wonder who will end up there. Maybe a return for Freedman??

Not surprised Sherwood would turn that down - given his past rejections / demands, can easily see him going to either Derby or Forrest.

Consortium that Dean Holdsworth fronts took over reigns at BWFC earlier this week.Not surprising that they'll want to bring in their own man.

Lennon has already been linked with a return to Celtic.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It irks me that he seems to be such a highly rated manager in some quarters.

He did well in terms of European achievement (sort of) at Celtic but otherwise hasn't achieved an awful lot. Due to the situation at Bolton being as it is I can't imagine he'll be damaged much by his time there either. Sadly.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I wonder now if a new manager coming in would give Bolton the sort of jump-start they've been needing. It'd be an incredible achievement to claw themselves up off the bottom of the table.

They are as good as relegated, 6 points adrift, 11 from safety. Teams around them are finding form

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I don't think the fans would be pleased with that idea.
I still remember the verbal stick Freedman received from the Bolton fans after losing at the Amex when boarding the coach after the game.
There was a video of it on here with one lady Bolton fan using some choice language towards Freedman

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
its a job to tell if Lennon is a good manager or not. Anyone can do well at Celtic and he has had no money here.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It irks me that he seems to be such a highly rated manager in some quarters. He did well in terms of European achievement (sort of) at Celtic but otherwise hasn't achieved an awful lot.

Blimey, he won the title three years out of four and the cup twice (Celtic also beat Barca in the CL under him). He was on a bit of a hiding to nothing at Bolton but you can't moan about his overall record. He may well want a break from football but if not, he'll get snapped up very quickly

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm not a big fan of him but in fairness I think he has handled the situation at Bolton with integrity and dignity - it can't have been easy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought Lennon could have done better than opting to manage Bolton. What WAS he thinking? A top half of the Championship job with a genuine contender comes along every 4 or 5 weeks, what was the rush?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here